TripAdvisor
Argostolion
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews the main square great location returned yesterday nice hotel bars and restaurants linen changed regularly our room was cleaned small shower lovely balcony boiled eggs short stay top floor good size yogurt the breakfast area air conditioning every morning
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We just had a few nights in the hotel before our house in the mountains was ready. It was great, don't get me wrong, it's not a 5 star job, but, it's comfortable, clean and the staff are lovely. It's very close to the square and around the corner from a great restaurant, the good news is you can't hear a thing when you are in your room. It's a great price with a good breakfast, we will stay there again and we can't recommend it strongly enough.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
3  Thank fatalice1
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great location close to shopping restaurants great nightlife

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank kitscafe
Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed at the Mirabel for a week in September 2011. The hotel is nice,and the rooms clean, but basic.We were on the top floor which had doors opening onto a small patio area,the room is small, the bathroom smaller,and the shower is tiny! when having a shower,its easy to flood the bathroom.Dogs barking and motorbikes are a bit noisy at night. Breakfast is adequate.The hotel is situated on the square,I recommend the Premier restaurant to eat at,Lucy and Mikie are really friendly,be careful of the Gondolar reataurant,they charge for the water and bread which is on the table,even if you didn't order it !Argostoli is a nice town, but there isn't a large beach, however,if you walk to the end of the harbour(not towards the bridge) there is a small beach and places to swim from.Go on the island tour with Kokolis travel only 15 euros,we had a great time.

Room tip: Fourth floor,they have a patio area.
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank H0ney49
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at Mirabel Hotel for the second time this Summer. I actually enjoyed it more the second time. I got a very reasonable price, same price as I had five years ago. The hotel is located in a prime location to take a short walk to a cafe or taverna. Also, the main shopping boardwalk area is right around the corner and down the street.

If I'm going to point out any negatives, it would be the size of the shower. Both showers I've had at this hotel are pretty small. For anyone that has traveled extensively throughout this country, it won't surprise you in the least. Each room and balcony I've had are very spacious and provide plenty of room for all your needs. My room even had a sitting room, which was a nice addition.

Dimitris, working the front desk, was awesome! He was very polite and quick to offer assistance. He solved a situation for me that none of my family members, numerous travel agents in Athens, the coast guard in Patra, other hotels in the area, or the port authorities in Argostoli and Lixouri could.

Room tip: Get a room located on the corner of the building
Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Achaean
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed there for four nights after staying three nights near Fiscardo. I think we could have made a better choice close by. Quite old, needs refurbishment, could be cleaner (found some hair in bathroom) and as far as the location goes, yes it is central, right on the main square but that means finding parking space takes forever and getting woken up from the club noise next door. We ate beakfast only two times, it was very mediocre in my opinion, and we prefered having breakfast at the cafeterias nearby which offered local delicacies (Premier's honeyballs are must). The upside was that the staff were always very polite and helpful. But I would choose somehere else to go to next time. I think it's a good choice for clubbers.

Date of stay: August 2011