“greek vacation”

Mirabel City Center Hotel
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Argostolion
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Great location close to shopping restaurants great nightlife

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kitscafe

Reviewed October 1, 2011

I stayed at the Mirabel for a week in September 2011. The hotel is nice,and the rooms clean, but basic.We were on the top floor which had doors opening onto a small patio area,the room is small, the bathroom smaller,and the shower is tiny! when having a shower,its easy to flood the bathroom.Dogs barking and motorbikes are a bit noisy at night. Breakfast is adequate.The hotel is situated on the square,I recommend the Premier restaurant to eat at,Lucy and Mikie are really friendly,be careful of the Gondolar reataurant,they charge for the water and bread which is on the table,even if you didn't order it !Argostoli is a nice town, but there isn't a large beach, however,if you walk to the end of the harbour(not towards the bridge) there is a small beach and places to swim from.Go on the island tour with Kokolis travel only 15 euros,we had a great time.

Room Tip: Fourth floor,they have a patio area.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank H0ney49
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I stayed at Mirabel Hotel for the second time this Summer. I actually enjoyed it more the second time. I got a very reasonable price, same price as I had five years ago. The hotel is located in a prime location to take a short walk to a cafe or taverna. Also, the main shopping boardwalk area is right around the corner and down the street.

If I'm going to point out any negatives, it would be the size of the shower. Both showers I've had at this hotel are pretty small. For anyone that has traveled extensively throughout this country, it won't surprise you in the least. Each room and balcony I've had are very spacious and provide plenty of room for all your needs. My room even had a sitting room, which was a nice addition.

Dimitris, working the front desk, was awesome! He was very polite and quick to offer assistance. He solved a situation for me that none of my family members, numerous travel agents in Athens, the coast guard in Patra, other hotels in the area, or the port authorities in Argostoli and Lixouri could.

Room Tip: Get a room located on the corner of the building
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Achaean
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed there for four nights after staying three nights near Fiscardo. I think we could have made a better choice close by. Quite old, needs refurbishment, could be cleaner (found some hair in bathroom) and as far as the location goes, yes it is central, right on the main square but that means finding parking space takes forever and getting woken up from the club noise next door. We ate beakfast only two times, it was very mediocre in my opinion, and we prefered having breakfast at the cafeterias nearby which offered local delicacies (Premier's honeyballs are must). The upside was that the staff were always very polite and helpful. But I would choose somehere else to go to next time. I think it's a good choice for clubbers.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank melination
Reviewed June 23, 2011

After a dreadful start at the hotel Irinna, Svoronata, my wfe and I were transferred to the Hotel Mirabel. The hotel was sheer luxury compared to Irinna. The reception had all details of the booking and within minutes we were given a room. The staff were very pleasant and helpful. The ground floor hosted the reception area and lounge seating with a tv and internet facility, leading to a breakfast room on two floors. The ground floor was quiet and relaxing. Breakfast had a good selection to choose from. The bedroom allocated was very clean with facilities you would expect. A balcony overlooked the main square of Argostoli. Although the square was busy on a night time, the double glazing shut out the noise, so that was not a problem.
This hotel is ideally placed being central for all your bars and restaurants, right on the doorstep. The downside, is, it does not have a swimming pool, so therefore not ideal for children, or those that just like sitting by the pool all day !! The plus side, is that there are local buses (stadtbus) to go to the beaches or tour the island. Taxis are expensive. Mirabel is excellent value for money and a very relaxing pleasurable stay was experienced. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel for those visiting Argostoli and sight seeing Cephalonia.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Town Square are best for view
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WellResearched_11
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My husband and I went on our dream vacation to GREECE, when we got to Kefalonia we were taken with it's beauty. Once we arrived to the hotel and checked in we recieved incredible service. The room was very clean and quite spacious. Breakfast in the morning was a plus!. The staff directed up to the must sees on the island, which we did. This is not a 5 star hotel but for the islands it was perfect. You go to the islands to see the sights not spend your time in the room.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank iwannatravel1
Reviewed September 10, 2010

Room was clean and was serviced very well. We had clean sheets twice during our one week stay and towels changed daily . Great view from balcony room on 4th floor. Couldn't fault hotel except for breakfast - extraordinarily when the hot food, usually bacon or omlette, is finished then it is not replaced even though we arrived one hour before the end of serving time. We were simply told that there was none left and that happened for the duration of our stay. On one occasion because there was a sudden influx of guests, we got down earlier than usual only to be told that with so many people all the hot food, and bread, had gone! It was a shame as otherwise we would thoroughly recommend this hotel as the staff were very pleasant and we had no other complaints.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank potts0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argostolion
Terra Mare Hotel
#2 of 12 in Argostolion
Aenos Hotel
Aenos Hotel
#8 of 12 in Argostolion

Been to Mirabel City Center Hotel? Share your experiences!