“Great food. Staff rude”

Cuisines: Greek, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Staff are a little...unfriendly. Food was 10/10. Amazing Bruschetta and pizzas. Dough is fresh. Will be returning, despite waiters.

Date of visit: June 2019

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Service was crap very rude waiter,couldn't care less attitude.took for ever even though they were quiet. When it arrived the plate was cold the veg were cold the salmon was warm. Avoid at all cost is my advice to you all.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 31, 2019

After a lovely morning shopping we went to la gondola for lunch. We arrived at 12
30, ordered drinks at 12.35 and food at 12.38. The drinks arrived after about 10 minutes. After 30 minutes a party that sat at the table in the sun which we rejected were served. We assumed that they were Greek regulars and thought no more of it. We only started to worry when an English family who arrived 20 minutes after us were served. We asked the owner about our food and we were told that they were very busy. At 2.10 we finally gave up, paid the drinks bill and left. If you visit this island make sure that you give this place a miss.

Reviewed May 27, 2019 via mobile

Called for a drink at first and I had a really lovely smoothie. We ended up having a pizza to share which was very nice. The staff were nice and friendly and it’s in an excellent spot, especially if you sit outside as it’s on the main square.

Reviewed May 26, 2019

So my husband and I visited the capital we looked at the reviews and decided on La Gondola after speaking with the waitress we ordered our initial drinks and sat to pick from the menu the restaurant was not busy after our drinks arrived we were told to pay pay pay you pay NOW NOW quite abruptly
This in itself I found strange and rude aa it does not work that way here I awaited to order food I waited
Just to give a anti-cede I was in a dress hubby was in a shirt smart store for the time of day
The other customers at this point were being served wine topped up snacks placed on the table
After 4 minutes it was apparently obvious we were not going to be served
You may ask why ?
Our tattoos we were ignored until I asked if we were going to be served and we were told no 5 people in the restaurant in the outdoor dining
I ask you the question I’m a civil servant in the UK in respected position currently processing as a magistrate
Husband works at a major blue chip company as a specialist fabricator
What is on our skin is irrelevant to our personality we are human educated to degree level
This place has a very bad attitude
Only place on the island I found rude avoid at all costs

3  Thank onecrazygal