“Great food and service from Rosa”
Review of Portside Taverna

Portside Taverna
Ranked #10 of 95 Restaurants in Argostolion
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Love the location just opposite the harbour master's office. On the opposite side of the water's edge. Lovely food and friendly welcome from Rosa. Varied menu and all well cooked. Very reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Portside Taverna

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The portside restaurant is located opposite the port customs building with a view of the bay and the assorted boats from remote control to massive yachts.

The food is predominately simple, traditional Greek (with kid friendly fish fingers and burgers) . It is very well cooked and promptly delivered. Children are served quickly and first with Tomato Ketchup provided immediately.

For a family meal this place is perfect. We went back three times !

2  Thank Kev W
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I don't understand why this restaurant wasn't packed out every night. The female owner knows what she's about and runs a tight ship. A destination restaurant for our family as we had the best meal of our holiday here last year. The sea bream was just as I remembered it last time. The service is excellent and the prices cheaper than some of the other inexplicably more popular sea front restaurants. Deserves to be recognised as one of the best fish restaurants in Argostoli.

1  Thank thelostgirl11
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

I have been here several times and evertime was great food, fast service, polite english speaking stuff.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

We travel to Kefallonia regularly and always try to visit this really good restaurant at least once. It's a gem, the service is excellent, the prices very good and it's a great place for people watching. For me it always has to be the Stifado which is far and away the best I've ever had. I had a problem with my credit card while on the island this year (caused by yet another bank technical issue), and they helped me out loads with it which was way beyond the call of duty. Definitely top of our list and when you consider you're 100 metres from the town square it's terrific value for money.