All reviews beautiful flowers delicious dinner didn t know wealth of information magical experience beautiful island quiet village breakfast is served small hotel eros stories objects greece cephalonia greek noah contrast
Selected filters
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

When I came I didn’t know anything about Kefalonia and just wanted to have a nice and calm ten-day-holiday. After arriving I found myself in a little paradise place which is run by Katerina, who is also the owner of the hotel. She takes so much care for her guests who immediately feel more than welcomed. I’ve literally got the best food at her place, she recommended me very beautiful places on the island, and i had life-enhancing conversations with her. I felt blessed with such a heartwarming host!

One day I had the pleasure of a little tour through the rooms of the house and learned a lot about its history. This place is full of energy and special antique objects like furniture or hand crafted decoration. So inspiring to see how one can turn an old and decayed house into something comfy and authentic with so much care and respect.

Katerina, you gave me the best time and i will never forget my stay at your place on the beautiful island of Kefalonia! I miss it already!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2018

We stay in the Museum for 4 days and are the best days of our hollidays. The room is a real museum of old greek culture, the garden the best place for breakfast and dinner! Katerina is a perfectionist and make everything to feel at home.!Y ou can take the great breakfast with fresh fruits and many delicious local foods, yogourt and honey at any time and if you book Katerina can prepare a delicious dinner of Greek food the best I have ever taste. Our small dog also appreciate the garden. Tahnks Katerina for this wonderful days in Cephalonia . We will come back Kostas and Isabelle

Room tip: The hotel accepts animals !
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Dreamcoordinator, Owner at Museum Hotel George Molfetas, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Dear Kostas and Isabelle,
Thank you for all the beautiful thought that you transmitted throught your review of the four days that we were together here in my little sanctuary. Although this summer was the busiest summer so far, for the 11 years that I have been taking care of "my kind of People", it has been the most relaxing one, as almost all the guests that visited were extremely wonderful: there was so much kindness, common view points, common interests, wonderful discussions, love for animals -my Noah has been in total bliss with the tender loving care that he received for more than 6 months! It was a joy and a priveledge to have you both on "board" during this time. It can only give me more incentive to carry on for as long as I can climb the steps of my kitchen.....Have a sweet Autumn and Winter. On any (grey) ocassion just bring the sights of Kefalonia that made you breathless and keep on smiling. Hugs to all three of you!

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Everything was perfect.. I can't find the right words to express how much we enjoyed our stay but I will try...What a magical experience.

Step back in time and enjoy old world charm mixed in with modern luxuries. This 1800's home has been converted into a small hotel with a beautiful courtyard, decor and the rooms are excellent. We stayed in the Eros room. The exposed stone walls are beautiful partially covered with plaster (all modernized).

The shower is huge. big enough for 2 (Eros=Love). Cool air conditioning was very welcome in 30+ degree weather. This was a large room decorated with fine antiques. Everything was perfect.

We truly appreciated having all the extra space. Our amazing hostess Katerina took the time to map out our journey to explore the best places in Kefalonia (the ones that the locals love and not necessarily the most visited tourist destinations) . This was another added bonus.

Additionally, if you appreciate starting your day with a great meal, then you'll enjoy breakfast. Breakfast is served outside surrounded by fragrant flowers and trees. All ingredients are organic. The healthiest and most delicious that we had out of our 8 hotels in Greece. We were celebrating a 50th birthday for my loved one. Katerina (the owner and our gracious hostess) took it to the next level by cooking a gourmet meal and exceptional dessert. It was the best meal we have had in such a long time.

We can't thank Katerina enough for making us feel welcome and special. We will never forget it. Thank you Katerina. If you are looking for that special place to stay, off the beaten path, with ambience, this is your place.

Room tip: Eros room was fantastic for couples but they are all very special
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2018

The Museum Hotel George Molfetas is a unique, boutique hotel in the quiet village of Faraklata. It is beautifully appointed, every corner being filled with old books, trinkets, objects of interest, artworks, even ancient stone carvings dug from the property itself.

Faraklata a small Kefalonian village in the hills above Argostoli, with easy access to the capital. There are the usual village amenities of a small supermarket and something I think was a bar (but had no need or time to visit, sadly). The rooms surround a courtyard containing tables (where delicious breakfasts and, on request, superlative dinners are served), and a hot tub. During the day, the village is silent but for the occasional chirp of the cicadas and the bells of a nearby church. This courtyard is an island of bliss in an already serene space.

Our room was a two storey piece of history. Filled to the gunnels with things to read and admire. A week would not be enough to catalogue everything, a year insufficient to read everything, and a lifetime inadequate to appreciate everything. Wooden stairs, ceilings, and fittings gave it an air of contrast, sophistication and the everyday. Nothing would be out of place in either a palace or a village home. It was apparent that an enormous amount of thought had gone into it. The room was comfortable, cozy, and quiet. The ideal place to begin our time in Kefalonia. Well situated for all the southern areas of he island, from it we explored Poros, Sami, Aenos, the Lixouri peninsula, the south coast, and everything we could south of Myrtos.

Katerina was a superb host. She, of course, knows everything about the island, and, when asked, provided a wealth of information and tips. Her cooking is excellent, and like everything about this hotel, thought out in detail and very special. We were also very fortunate to meet Katerina's daughter Maria and her son Yiannis. Every facet of our visit was wonderful, all conspiring to make our first week in Kefalonia perfect.

Highly recommended.

Room tip: Unique, rooms are all facing a quiet courtyard.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Dreamcoordinator, Owner at Museum Hotel George Molfetas, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

Dearest All!!!!
What a welcome surprise to find you again here, near me, telling me things that are music to my ear! It was a pleasure and a joy to have you on board of my little paradise and coming to think of it, it was the most pleasurable period of this summer, as it happened on the highlight moment of my family reunion. The night of Shawn's birthday must have been an exceptional experience of intercommunication between all of us, on a very warm human level.What an international compilation of nationalities and personalities!!!
Please give a special thanks to your son who in so many ways managed to compliment me on little things like the magic soublakia!!!!
A big, warm hug to all three of you and a big hope that we will meet again soon.Love, Katerina

Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

We’ve just returned from a 6 days trip at Kefalonia. It was a very last minute trip, didn’t know much about the island, just bought plane tickets. We’re not a all included resort type of family, always prefer a boutique hotel, George Molfetas reviews were so tempting, I’ve just made the reservation. I’m so happy I did so. Our family of three couldn’t be happier with my choice. From the first moment we entered the hotel till the last minute it was like staying at the family house with our mother. The hotel is renovated and decorated by Katerina with lovely antique furnitures, paintings, books, hats all with stories and memories. The garden is full of beautiful flowers. And Katerina. She is the perfect host, perfect cook and gave us the perfect tips about almost everything on the island. She lent us mats and a sun umbrella and sent us to the best beaches, both the most popular ones as well as the secret ones. We swam under the olive trees and then among the salt rocks, tried the best restaurants. The breakfasts were so delicious, we all loved having them in the garden. And she was so kind to cook an amazing dinner for us. Can’t tell enough of her hospitality. Hope we can visit the island and George Molfetas again soon.
Thanks Katerina, we are so happy to know you.

Trip type: Traveled with family