“fan bloody tastic !!! you will not find better x”

Museum Hotel George Molfetas
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Argostolion
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for 6 nights towards the end of august and it is fantastic !! all the rooms are different and each beautiful and enchanting . The hosts Barry and Katarina are possibly 2 of the nicest people on planet earth they have made something very special here , its true you need a car when staying here but that is all part of the fun , me and the fiancé would wake up every day to a lovely breakfast in the courtyard plan our day trip over an excellent breakfast with the help of Barry and Katarina then set out all over the island which is beautifully stunning , a different beach each day , then back for tea time beers on the balcony with Sophie and Emma their 2 excellent dogs before retiring to our room for nap and shower before dinner back in the fairy lit courtyard ........ now for the dinner !!!!JESUS CHRIST !!!!!! I have been all over the world and eaten some pretty good food in my 31 years but can quite easily say this is the best food that I have ever eaten ......period !!! such a delightful experience the choice is vast , the ingredients fresh and grown from about 500m away and the taste will blow your face off , they play really nice music while you consume this heavenly platter and you leave the table on a cloud!!! , anyone who does not agree with this should be shot . 3 courses and a bottle (or 2 !) of wine here is heaven I challenge anyone to disagree and if you do I will come to your house and wrestle you in your own garden !! . on 1 night we even went to a local Greek concert well off the beaten track with Barry and Katarina which was superb , they go the extra mile and you leave them as friends . I only apologise that I have not written anything sooner . I would go back tomorrow .

Room Tip: no such thing as a bad room here !
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank N C

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We spent a week here in late August, on the basis of the reviews given by others.
We were not disappointed. I'd like to give 5 stars, but for me 5 stars is perfection and through no real fault of the owners this doesn't quite get there. The reason?...the location. Whilst remote and peaceful are definite plus points, it does mean you always have to travel to experience the best of the island each day, and on top of that due to it's specific location there is very little view to speak of from our room (although our room was on the ground floor, the higher rooms may improve on this aspect.) and/or the eating area, in this respect it isn't the kind of place you can or want to stay at during the day in the same way you might at a 'resort'. To be fair it isn't advertised as such, so you go there knowing this is the case.

In every other respect this hotel is SUPERB, and this is down to a few basic qualities. The owners and staff, who are (always!)utterly charming, warm, friendly, welcoming and helpful. The service, prompt but relaxed, attentive but not intrusive. The food (reviewed under the restaurant of the same name) which is first class and in my opinion the best on the island (I'd give that 6 stars!), and the attention to detail generally in this villa converted to 6 rooms, means everything is 'personal' and specific to you. Other hotels may offer the views, may offer the swimming pools and continual buffets, lifts and concierge, but again in my opinion, you can't better a hotel that feels as if everything is being done just for you alone and not the masses. I love the place.
Andy+Sue

Room Tip: Higher floors will offer the view that would make this place even more enjoyable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew G
Reviewed September 6, 2013

We can't describe in words what's going here.
Katerina and Barry will wellcome you so lovely and warmly.
They're offering perfect breakfast and dinner full of love and harmony.
It's a secret and romantic place of silence and honesty.
We recommand it at all.
Peter & Katharina on honeymoon

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Katharina L
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Thank you again to Katerina, Maria and all the staff for such a lovely wedding reception. The food, music, setting and hospitality were all first class and were key to us having such a special day which we will always remember. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Museum Hotel George Molfetas to anybody who wishes to make a special occasion extra special.

Teresa and Karl

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the George Molfetas Museum Hotel for 4 nights in August 2013 as part of my honeymoon. It is called a hotel but it is not. It is in a category of its own. Its made up by the stuff dreams are made out of. Its a 19th century renovated house with 6 rooms designed to take you back in time and offer you a feeling of pure romance.

The hotel is run by the lovely Katerina and the charming Barry, the people who spent years planning, designing and building this breathtaking residence.

Let me explain a day there. I wake up in the morning snoozing on the sofa outside my room when I open my eyes a couple of minutes later and I find my double espresso on the coffee table (I had ordered it the previous morning and they remembered my preference). Breakfast is served a little later and everything is fresh and delicious. After Barry serves us he goes and plays a charming melody on his piano while we enjoy our breakfast. Katerina helps us plan our day, making calls and giving detailed tips and directions. The day she planned for us ends up pure satisfying. We come back to a dinner made by Katerina her self, with local fresh ingredients shopped the same day. My God was it delicious. There are only 2 other tables being served so the attention and care we get is maximum.

Katerina and Barry are such good hearted people that make you feel more at home than you are in your real home. They were the best part of the stay.

What an experience. Fall in love again in this majestic place.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Andyl2509
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We are a young French couple that spend 4 nights of our honeymoon there ! This place is a little paradise ! Katerina and Barry will welcome you with all their kindness and attention !!! Their generosity is fully touching !
The room we had was furnished with a delicate taste and harmony. Dishes were other pieces of paradise, Katernina cooks marvelous and fine meals ! All is healthy and perfectly balanced ! We've never eaten such a good food in our lives !!
We even stayed some of our day-time at the hotel to make the most of the calm and serenity that come from this lovely place !!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Absolutely fantastic food, such bespoke menus made to suit any dietary requirements, fantastic setting, you would never dream of it being in such a secluded area within the village of Farakalata and wonderful attentive hosts.
Nothing is too much trouble.

What a way to celebrate a surprise 50th birthday. It's was idyllic. Balloons, banners and a surprise Pavlova Birthday cake. Thank goodness there were not 50 candles on it.

Thank you so much Katarina.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Argostolion
Kefalonia Grand Hotel
Ionian Emerald Resort
Tourist Hotel
Tourist Hotel
#3 of 12 in Argostolion

Been to Museum Hotel George Molfetas? Share your experiences!