“Walked out - unpleasant waiter”

Aristofanis Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 105 Restaurants in Argostolion
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Thursday 18th October 19.30

I can’t believe I’m writing this.

In seven years the staff and the food have been outstanding and I consider the staff to be highly professional

I have confidently taken so many friends here local and visitors.

The guy who waited on our table tonight was rude, unpleasant and unprofessional.

Note that it just takes one bad experience to ruin all the good work that your hard working staff do for you.

Advice to management:

find out who he was and fire him.

If he is management - lock him in an office before he ruins your reputation

Sorry Aristofanis but your waiter totally ruined your reputation and was a bad experience for us.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed September 10, 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience. Rude staff, poor food. Sea food platter was half a kilo of cheap Whitebait with a couple of prawns on top. Over charged for bread and water. Don't waste your time and money.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

I imagine at one point the food used to be amazing. The sign indicates the restaurant has been around for quite a while; however, from both the food and the service, you can see the passion has long gone and all that’s left is that taste of oil in your mouth.

High season, end of August. We arrived when there were still about 5-6 tables open. The guy (manager?) was indifferent when we asked if there was a table available. No biggie. The rest of the night felt like a series of motions in an assembly line. We order from a young waiter who really didn’t care to recommend food. Didn’t suggest anything nor had any personality. Wasn’t sure what to get so we ordered a Greek salad, plate of mixed veggies (fried), and seafood platter. It was our first night, so I assumed the seafood would’ve been grilled. It wasn’t. It was fried. Had a known, or had the waiter cared to tell me I was ordering a lot of fried foods, I would have ordered something grilled. He didn’t. Anyway, the salad was flavorless. Didn’t taste fresh at all nor did the tomatoes or cucumbers have any flavor. Veggies were the best. Really nicely fried zucchini and eggplant. Seafood was disgusting. Shrimp was hard and rubbery; calamari was cold and rubbery or sitting in oil, and fish was completely flavorless. How is that possible?! We’re on an island!

The servers treated us like products; nothing special, nothing warm, just get them in and out. There was a feeling of stress in the air. Probably the only place on the island I felt it. They treated all tables in this way, so what I imagine was wonderful has become a pretentious factory pumping out bland, poorly cooked food at moderately expensive prices.

Don’t waste your time. You’ll get better service and better quality ingredients further down toward the port. Even though other places looked touristy, their food looked good and their attitude seemed far from snooty.

We couldn’t even have a drink after from the oil of the seafood. We had a long walk and then a coke to help the indigestion.

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Astonishing view I must admit, right next to the Argostoli "lagoon". The food was ok, without asking we got bread and mineral water, which was nice. At the end we got billed for them, which was not. The waiters struggled with the english language, and were quite indifferent. Not the best place to eat in the town I think.

Reviewed August 26, 2018

The staff seemed to be concerned more about squeezing money out of customers than serving them.

Was charged for bread I did not order, or eat + returned it back. I was also charged full portions for half portions that I ordered and staff refused to do half portions after the second day , even though i dined there every day. After doing that for a 4th consecutive day of dining there, i stopped going, since i wanted half portions, because i was eating there by myself every day.

So much food was thrown away simply because they refused to do half portions.