“Very good value for money”

Sejours & Affaires Rive Gauche - Serris
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Serris
west midlands
“Very good value for money”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, for what we paid, very impressed with the size of the room, cleanliness etc, compared to the Disney hotels.
1) Use the free 50 bus to Disneyland around the corner outside the Hotel L'Elysee. I asked the drivers twice if it was ok to use it if we werent staying at the Elysee and they were fine.
2) The apartment/rooms were very clean, toiletries provided and complimentary slippers. Small bottle of water and packaged cakes in kitchen.
3) Sufficient crockery and utensils in kitchen to make a basic meal. Hotplate and micro worked fine.
4) Use the Auchan in Val D'Europe - entrance near the 50 bus stop for buying fruit/basic meals/packed lunch for the park etc. Its huge and there is some fabulous wine with even more fabulous prices!
5) Hotel staff polite and helpful - we spoke to 2 Spanish women there.
6) Breakfast is Euro 7.50 each and half that for kids. There is a coffee/tea/hot chocolate vending machine by reception for 50 cents per drink.
7) Curtains need to be a bit longer to block out morning light, can hear sounds from the street very clearly in room (3rd flr). TV has only French channels. Lots of storage space.
8) Free wifi.
Overall we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel - expected it to be awful, but a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank storm000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I've just returned from a few days at Disney I thought bu I'd share a few tips and comments

Agreed with the comment staff don't all speak English and seem like students. Yes, I had to help a couple, with my school girl French we managed. However, next day the man I saw was perfectly fluent.
Yes, a few things broken, wobbly, chipped etc but this is a 2 star apparthotel. It was fairly clean and comfy.

ACCOMODATION
We had a 1 bed appt. twin beds, a little short (i'm 5ft 8) and I kept hitting the foot board of the bed. Very comfy though and lovely fluffy pillows and clean sheets.

Storage - loads more than enough

Cooking/Kitchen - double ring hotplate, markings cleaned off, just fiddle till the light comes on. I didn't use the microwave. Could have done with a kettle but managed with a pan.
Washing up liquid and tea towel supplied but no sponge pad - though I did see some on the cleaners trolley so they could just have forgotten.

Bathroom the toilet seemed to take forever to refill, turn the stopcock beside the cistern if you want to stop the water running. The water tank is in the bedroom. Towels are a bit thin but adequate. Hair-dryer can be got from reception

Internet - the password is on the back of the door, not on the desk as it says in the handbook. I had a few issues, couldn't get on the 2nd night and as the reception is closed at night I couldn't do anything about it. This could have been down to my ipad though rather than their connection.

TIPS
To find hotel - right out of RER and walk until you see Century 21, turn left and the hotel is on the right at the T junction - you need to turn at the T junction as the entrance is around the corner. If getting of bus 50 carry on walking in the direction the bus was going - the hotel is at the end of the road on the right.

Bus 50 is free to Eurodisney for customers of the other 2 hotels in the area but not Sejours so don't own up to staying there, say you're from Adagio or Eleysee if you don't want to pay (slap wrist) Takes about 10 mins, Note that there is a gap in the timetable around lunchtime of around 3 hours. Don't take bus 34 if the bus 50 is available as it takes about half an hour and goes through local villages.

Hypermarket at Val D'Europe huge I bought stuff for breakfast and a packed lunch and saved a fortune.

Parking - make sure you book your parking first. The streets around the hotel are restricted parking. Also they don't have parking for every single apartment

Hope this helps somebody - please click useful if it did.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms have patios, upstairs rooms dont. All rooms seem to face onto the 'garden...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
21 Thank Moneypenny2k
Glasgow, UK
Reviewed April 26, 2012

'Sejours & Affaires Serris Rive Gauche'.....read this name a thousand times still i can't remember its full name or pronouce it....

First, there is no email mentioned in its webpage, in case anyone would like to contact them, here is their email: valdeurope.rivegauche@sejours-affaires.com (given to me by lastminute.com)

I booked my room via lastminute.com. I had an order number from lastminute.com, then i contact the hotel to confirm, they gave me another reservation number. I arrived at the hotel after midnight, the hotel reception was already closed, in fact i can't even figured out where is the front door of the hotel. There is only 1 machine outside the compound of the hotel near the gate for self-check in. I tried both number but no record found, i then keyed in my surname and my reservation was shown on the screen. I followed the instruction on-screen, they systems hanged and woundn't proceed, so i fail to get my room key. It was windy and raining, i was carrying two luggages, carrying an umbrella with my son, my baby daughter and my wife shivering and standing in front of a malfunctioned check=in machine. We were desperate. Then someone came out from the hotel to smoke (it was only then i figured that where the front door is), we sought his help, apparently he is a staff, he lead us in and manually check us in. Thank God!

There is no room services, we didn't get our towels changed or the room tidy up during our 2 nights stay. There is free wifi service in the room. The breakfast cost Euro 7.50 but very limited selection of foods so we didn't have our breakfast there. Instead, you can walk out to the shops beside the RER and had your breakfast at the Columbus cafe which is great.

This hotel is great if you plan to go to Disneyland, after an exhausting whole day trip at Disneyland, it is great to get back to the hotel as soon as possible, which is only a station away.

All in all, not too bad, might be a great alternative for expansive city centre hotel as well. After all, it was only ~40km away from the city centre and will take you less than an hours to reach city centre.

Room Tip: Get ground level room, it is not noisy, easier access too if you have children and lots of luggage.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank robseet
Southampton
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We read previous reviews and were optimistic about our stay. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. Reception staff were incredibly helpful, allowing us to check in early (1pm). The room itself was ample size, really clean with loads of storage for 2 people. The shower didn't hold itself up but with a little imagination we manage to use the hose to keep it upright. Be a little careful of the hot pipe, it gets very hot very quickly. The breakfast in the hotel is basic but fresh, perfectly adequate. You are only 500metres from the train station which takes you directly to Disney (1 stop). Shopping in the area is excellent with Val d'Europe on your doorstep. There is a small Italian restaurant opposite the train station that is really friendly and good value for money.

Overall the hotel was very good for what you pay for, easy to get to (with use of a sat nav), clean, pleasant staff an ideal location for Disneyland and Paris. Would stay again and recommend to others.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank SFC80
Johnstone, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 4, 2012

Me and my Daughter stayed here for 2 nights for our Disneyland adventure, we arrived after reception closed but found gaining entry very easy, we were pleasantly surprised by how big and clean our apartement was, the RER train was 1 stop away and even my 9 yr old could master the tickets and way to get there, location was fantastic and huge shopping mall and supermarket an added bonus, pubs and restraunts near apartement were great value and very friendly, my Daughter and Myself had a great time and we were very pleased with apartement, the location, and would recommend staying there xx

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Mari C
Bangi, Malaysia
Reviewed January 5, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and celebrate our colorful new year eve.. The location is very convenient for our disneyland visits and very close to the famous - val d europe..

nothing much to comment because its value for our money n surely will come back again..

ohh ya...the internet connection also provided for free

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BartRusli
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 26, 2011

can't fault this hotel - although getting to it was a nightmare! French rer is like a cattle truck! We got the eurostar and then connecting train to disney then had to travel back 1 stop to val de europe on the rer. We waited ages at disney for the train and it was packed - travellers with small children beware!!!
Anyway you come out of val de europe station and see a pub and some trees (lit up in blue at xmas - lovely!). Turn right out of the station.You walk past the hotel ellesy and turn left up a road away from the val de europe mall. Keep walking in a straight line to the top of the street and the hotel is on the right hand corner. 5 minutes walk tops.
Vending machines inside for drinks and snacks were useful and we had a ground floor room with a massive balcony - excellent!
The room is ideal as a base foe sleeping - you get what you pay for and we were very pleased!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank heather h
Also consider these accommodations in or near Serris
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Disneyland Hotel
Disneyland Hotel
#1 of 3 in Chessy

Been to Sejours & Affaires Rive Gauche - Serris? Share your experiences!