“Dirty room and not-so-great service”

Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Serris
Espoo, Finland
“Dirty room and not-so-great service”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The room (5 person apartment) was in a very bad condition. Almost all of the electricity sockets were loose from the wall, making them dangerous for children. There were drawings and other pencil markings on most walls and the carpet was dirty in many places. Obviously there's no effort in the hotel to keep the rooms clean (how difficult can it be to paint the walls, for example?).

The bathroom was in best condition of all the rooms, altough it was very small and also there was some mold in there. Also the kitchenette would probably have been useful, but did not need it.

The breakfast was OK, altough it was not included in the room rate and was rather expensive. Also it was quite clumsy and slow to first pay for the breakfast at the reception, then wait at the breakfast room entrance with your coupon to be able to eat.

Location of the hotel is OK, considering about a 10 minute free bus trip to Disneyland and a couple of minutes walking distance to the big shoppig center.

Overall very bad value for the price of the room.

1 Thank fincavok

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
BeerSheba, Israel
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Quick check in, the room is nice and warm, however, it has two floors, so, if you're coming with a baby (like we did) its not ideal. There's a free shuttle to the EuroDisney parc (line 50) and back. The hotel has also offered us a free storage to put our luggage and free lockers for our valuables.
Finally, the hotel is working with a taxi service and they organized for us a big taxi to take us to Paris.

Paris, France
Reviewed October 4, 2012

It was a nice experience. Friendly staff. Good location. I came in fr 10 days vacation.i had 2rooms apartment. But one toilet which I was not really comfortable. I wanted 2.one for the childeren and also I needed a little privacy fr myself nd husband. There is a very big shopping mall 5 mins walk around the corner which was great. We had all what we needed. A bus stop nearby.going to disneypark was easy. The mattress needs to be upgraded as its soft fr adult. They have a big pool but we didn't use it because of the weather. Aadagio I feel is quite reasonable and quite place to be with family.

Room Tip: Depends on ur number. But they are all ok.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Fatima U
Tønsberg
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel completly ruined my holiday. What was supposed to be a great holiday with the children at Disneyland Paris, became a nightmare. I was prepared to the standard, as I always check out all things on the net and Trip Advisor in the planning stage of a new holiday. Unfortunately my husband misunderstood my tips on the right (and moneysaving) hotel to stay in the area around Disneyland Paris. When I found out he had ordered the wrong hotel and it was non refundble, I thought; how bad can it be? It can, and it was bad.
The hotel was dirty, stinky and the standard awful. The consept is great, a big apartement with all you need for a nice stay withvyour family, but it doesn't work when it's dirty all over the place. Stains all over the floor, walls and furniture. Obviously not been upgraded since the opening of the hotel. I found trash around the apartement and balcony as well.
The bed is always an issue for me as I have a back problem, and (I've heard) a kind of a primadonna when it comes to it. Anyhow, I can't be the only one in the world picky when it comes to beds, so here comes the rewiew on what made it a complete disaster for me.
It was a small bed, I have never slept in such a small double bed before at a hotel ever.
They used sheets and blankets, this is not an ok standard in 2012, and do they really wash the blankets between every guest?
The bed had a uncomfortable matress, I had troubles with sleeping in, and woke up early. Felt like I have'nt been sleeping at all, and my back hurted. It does not make it any better when the days are all about standing and walking in the park or in the city either. It felt like I didn't get any rest on my holiday at all.
My advice is not book this hotel. Spend some more money and get a better hotel, and hopefully; a clean one.

1 Thank AlphaHelix

Travelers are raving about these Serris hotels

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed October 1, 2012

For the price we paid this was a bargain! A large 2 storey apartment with 2 bedrooms and bathrooms an a large livingroom with a kitchenette. Not newly refurbished but I didn't find it that bad. Very Nice!! The Pool was also a treat!! Even though it rained during our whole week there, the kids enjoyed it very much! They had loads of fun!!

The location was great! Almost next door to a large shopping centre with large selection of shops and restaurants and also to the outlet village!! Fun fun fun:)! It is also conveniently located for the trains in to Paris!!

Had a lovely time and will definately recommend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Tyne and Wear, UK
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here end of August 3 adults and 3 children in a 2 bedroomed apartment. After reading reviews I wasn't expecting much. I found the accommodation ok. Yes it needs updating but for the price we paid I don't think we could have expected much more and it was nice to have a pool on site.
There is a huge supermarket in the shopping mall, very handy for keeping costs down as to my surprise it was actually quite reasonable. Also MacDonalds, Subway and a whole range of restaurants are near by.
Be careful of the shuttle to the parks, we wanted to leave a little later one day around 11am and would have had around a 2 hour weight for the next bus. Similarly when returing home late around 11pm we found it easier to get a taxi.

This is a classic case of you get what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank holiday1231239
Winchester, UK.
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed there for ten days over the summer and have re-booked for next year.

We had a one bedroom apartment. It comprised of an entrance hall leading to a toilet, washroom with sink, bath and shower over it, a double bedroom and a kitchen / diner / living room with twin sofa beds (one pulled out from underneath the other).
We were on the first floor, overlooking the main entrance. We got quite a lot of noise as people arrived and left the hotel and also, as we had our windows open, we got a lot of cigarette smoke from people smoking just outside the entrance.

The kitchen had four electric hobs, microwave, dishwasher, fridge with small ice box, and a sink. We were supplied with washing up liquid, sponge and one dishwasher tablet per day. There was a kettle and a coffee maker as well as frying pan, saucepans and a large casserole pot for use on the hob. There was also the expected crockery and cutlery.

Towels were supplied in the bathroom along with bars of soap and combined shower gel / shampoo. As we were staying 10 days we were entitled to have the apartment cleaned once and the towels changed at the same time.

Internet access was ok for the first couple of days, then it stopped working and never came back.

Parking in the hotel car park was 10 euros a night, but there was plenty of free on street parking around the hotel. There is restricted parking outside the front of the hotel, but you can park overnight without any problems.

The swimming pool and surrounding area is quite small and has some sun loungers. We only used it late afternoon / early evening and it was busy so you couldn’t swim but it was OK for a dip to cool off – be prepared for the cold water though!

We didn’t use the free shuttle bus (run by a third party, not the hotel), so can’t really comment, other than saying the bus stop was very busy when we saw it.

It was about a 10 minute drive from the hotel to the Disney car park.

The hotel is next to a large shopping centre with numerous restaurants, shops and a large Auchan supermarket at the far end.

The train station is at the far end of the shopping centre, near the supermarket.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank AandSandO-UK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Serris
Residence Du Parc Val d'Europe
#9 of 52 in Marne-la-Vallee
Residhome Val d'Europe
Residhome Val d'Europe
#1 of 5 in Montevrain

Been to Adagio Aparthotel Val d'Europe? Share your experiences!