“Moderate Food”

Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
UK
“Moderate Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

If you like meat then this is the place for you, but unfortunately my wife is vegetarian. Despite this she had a good Goats cheese salad which she enjoyed but I had the Lamb shank which was okay but the vegetables were appalling having been zapped from the freezer to the microwave; to my plate.

Not my idea of authentic French cuisine.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Ohio
“Only Meat.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

If you're not in the mood for meat, don't go here. The food was ...ok. The service was nice.

Visited July 2012
hiltonhead SC
“Nice surprise after long day!”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were surprised to come across this cute restaurant at 9:30 at night after a long day in Paris.The menu had quite a few options. Mostly Beef and veal dishes. Nice piping hot tasty beef bourguignone! Delicious salads! Especially the goat cheese on criutons! Yum!
The waitress is very efficient, even though she does not speak English (which is fine). The first night we were there, she never smiled. She smiled at the tables speaking French, but we were given the stone cold face.
We went back 4 nights later and had the beef with duck foie gras and the lamb shank. I liked the beef, lamb was a little wild tasting, but prepared very well.
The waitress was smiling at us by the end of the night. The chocolate glace dessert is fabulous! We complimented the chef as we left, he is a nice guy very talented and a bit of a cowboy! Overall, best meal we had in Serris.

Visited April 2012
Whitefield, New Hampshire
“Lots of cow, but excellent food and service”
Reviewed March 3, 2011

Yes, there is a huge fake cow out front and plenty of vache throughout the place, but the food was excellent. As one would expect, the menu was heavily beef and veal, but they were nice enough to fix me a fantastic chicken dish with mushroom sauce upon request (thanks for my father-in-laws French). The potatoes au gratin were fantastic!

• Visited March 2011
NJ
“Excellent meal at Chez Gaston”
Reviewed June 30, 2010

We had an excellent meal at this restaurant. When my family and I walked in, we were the only people there. And it was 8-8:30 at night. By the time we left there were about 5-6 tables full. The food was outstanding. Our waitress didn't speak any English, but we managed with our (embarassing) French dictionary. My only compaint is this: between the huge fake cow outside and the American country music playing, it ruined the atmosphere. When in France, I would much rather a quaint, French feel. The country music didn't make any sense. It was after all French cuisine. However, the meal made up for any ambience that was lacking.