All reviews nh muenchen mini bar the airport shuttle bus buffet style free wifi the hotel is clean business hotel an early flight shuttle service an overnight stay sauna terminal minibar muc
Reviewed September 6, 2014

Nice and clean hotel close to the Munich airport. It has a high standard and is very convenient for an overnight stay. The shuttle service to the airport is good. The restaurant is ok, only the service during the breakfast was slow.
The village Schwaig offers a few restaurants with local food next to the restaurants in the hotels.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HeinzEWSchmidt
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The hotel is a little hard to find - we checked googlemap & their website for directions and was told to hop onto public bus or their shuttle. We couldn't find the shuttle and after much confusion, found the bus stop for the public bus out in the cold. Not the best for tired travelers who just want a place to stay for the night.

While waiting 15mins for the bus, the shuttle bus appeared at the same stop. Do note it is chargeable at 5 euro. The check-in was quick as we were part of a tour. The room was acceptable and nice for a change from our small room in downtown munich.

We ordered room service and have to pay 5 euro for them to send it to you. Or you can just go down to the bar to collect it free of charge, it's not that far anyway. The club sandwich was nice! Breakfast was good but with limited choices.

It was located away from the airport (hence the shuttle bus) so it was quiet with no noise at all. I had a good sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was my first stay at a NH hotel. In general it's good hotel. I arrived with a business colleague late evening. At the hotel restaurant we had dinner at around 10pm. The food was good. But the restaurant staff was pretty busy preparing next morning breakfast tables, so not taking so much care of us and the remaining restaurant guests.
The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I've been travelling around the world and staying at many different hotels but I have to remark that the hotel desk clerk, Newton is his name, was excellent. One of the most outstanding hotel desk clerk I've ever met at a hotel. His expertise, communication skill and his matter-of-course receptiveness was very much welcomed. Wondering why such a person is working "only" as a front clerk at NH hotel. I definitely see him as a potential hotel manager. Because of Newton I booked two days later again two rooms.
Keep the great work. Looking forward staying at NH Munich Airport again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was there just for a night. Room was large, clean. Didn't have breakfast because my flight was too early.
Could not get the air conditioning to turn on. So I did open the window, but I don't know if there is a sewage plant nearby, or there was a sewage line leak, but the smell outside was horrifying. I chose to sleep with sweat running down my face instead of with the window open.
I'm not sure if the sewage smell is typical in this area, or if there was a problem.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before a flight from Munich Airport. Arrived late, which meant that, even though we had a reservation, we were given one of the few rooms left. The room's air conditioning was broken, and even though we reserved a room with a king bed, we were given a room with a full bed. We notified the staff of these two problems, but neither was resolved as this was one of the few rooms left. In the morning at checkout we were given a different story, that a full-sized bed size is equivalent to a king bed in Germany. Sounds like a story to me. The person at checkout did give us free passes for the airport shuttle bus for our troubles, though.

Even though the hotel web site does not make this clear, there is a shuttle bus which serves two other hotels in the area and provides service to/from the airport/hotel. The cost is 6 Euros per person and runs about every half hour. The hotel also has a breakfast, but for a rather exorbitant price of something like 22 Euros per person. We didn't bother.

For convenience to Munich airport this hotel is fine, but for service and quality it is average at best.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business