“Hard to find but good stay”

NH Muenchen Airport
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Schwaig
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 29, 2014

The hotel is a little hard to find - we checked googlemap & their website for directions and was told to hop onto public bus or their shuttle. We couldn't find the shuttle and after much confusion, found the bus stop for the public bus out in the cold. Not the best for tired travelers who just want a place to stay for the night.

While waiting 15mins for the bus, the shuttle bus appeared at the same stop. Do note it is chargeable at 5 euro. The check-in was quick as we were part of a tour. The room was acceptable and nice for a change from our small room in downtown munich.

We ordered room service and have to pay 5 euro for them to send it to you. Or you can just go down to the bar to collect it free of charge, it's not that far anyway. The club sandwich was nice! Breakfast was good but with limited choices.

It was located away from the airport (hence the shuttle bus) so it was quiet with no noise at all. I had a good sleep.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 25, 2014

This was my first stay at a NH hotel. In general it's good hotel. I arrived with a business colleague late evening. At the hotel restaurant we had dinner at around 10pm. The food was good. But the restaurant staff was pretty busy preparing next morning breakfast tables, so not taking so much care of us and the remaining restaurant guests.
The front desk was very friendly and helpful. I've been travelling around the world and staying at many different hotels but I have to remark that the hotel desk clerk, Newton is his name, was excellent. One of the most outstanding hotel desk clerk I've ever met at a hotel. His expertise, communication skill and his matter-of-course receptiveness was very much welcomed. Wondering why such a person is working "only" as a front clerk at NH hotel. I definitely see him as a potential hotel manager. Because of Newton I booked two days later again two rooms.
Keep the great work. Looking forward staying at NH Munich Airport again.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was there just for a night. Room was large, clean. Didn't have breakfast because my flight was too early.
Could not get the air conditioning to turn on. So I did open the window, but I don't know if there is a sewage plant nearby, or there was a sewage line leak, but the smell outside was horrifying. I chose to sleep with sweat running down my face instead of with the window open.
I'm not sure if the sewage smell is typical in this area, or if there was a problem.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Stayed at this hotel the night before a flight from Munich Airport. Arrived late, which meant that, even though we had a reservation, we were given one of the few rooms left. The room's air conditioning was broken, and even though we reserved a room with a king bed, we were given a room with a full bed. We notified the staff of these two problems, but neither was resolved as this was one of the few rooms left. In the morning at checkout we were given a different story, that a full-sized bed size is equivalent to a king bed in Germany. Sounds like a story to me. The person at checkout did give us free passes for the airport shuttle bus for our troubles, though.

Even though the hotel web site does not make this clear, there is a shuttle bus which serves two other hotels in the area and provides service to/from the airport/hotel. The cost is 6 Euros per person and runs about every half hour. The hotel also has a breakfast, but for a rather exorbitant price of something like 22 Euros per person. We didn't bother.

For convenience to Munich airport this hotel is fine, but for service and quality it is average at best.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel with the exception of one BIG item...NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! This was extremely frustrating because I really enjoyed everything else. Let's start with the good and work our way to the bad.
The checkin was painless and everyone spoke really good English. Internet was ok and the room size was ok. It seemed like they took a great deal of care in keeping everything clean. The interior throughout was bright and used a lot of bright colors. The breakfast (included) was outstanding. Service was great. The bed was comfortable.
Now...the bad. Did I mention NO AIR CONDITIONING IN JULY!!! Give me a break!!! I called the front desk and gave me some lame excuse that they haven't had any other complaints (LIARS!!!). I know this not to be true since I had several other crew members staying as well who complained. It was finally explained to me that each room does not have its' own A/C unit, but rather a blower. The building only has one A/C unit to cool the ENTIRE building. So, when you check in...ask for a big fan for your room and pray you are staying during a cool spell.

Room Tip: Order a fan since there is no air conditioning. Would recommend a lower floor since heat rises and...
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I missed my connecting flight and had to book a hotel at short notice.How ia it possible that a four star hotel does not have airconditioning or climate control? The room was not up to standard for a four star hotel either. I would imagine that the 5 Euro cost of the shuttle bus per person should be included in the hotel's cost. The breakfast was very good though!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night to catch an early morning flight. The hotel is close to the airport and they operate a shuttle service in conjunction with other hotels in the area. The room is basic but adequate and comfortable. It is a family friendly hotel. What I like most about the hotel is their attention to little details e.g there is a welcome bowl of fruits and chocolate in the room. My wife also loved the fact that they have a facial scrub sponge included in their toiletries. The hotel has an in house restaurant although we did not eat at the restaurant. Note, however, the hotel is popular with tour operators as we witnessed 2 tour buses while we were there. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would certainly consider returning.

Overall we had a nice experience

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwaig
Hilton Munich Airport
Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to NH Muenchen Airport? Share your experiences!