“Modern Comforts”

NH Muenchen Airport
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Schwaig
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed November 5, 2013

After staying in old Bavarian hotels with all their charm for 10 days we enjoyed this hotel. It was nice to have an elevator and not to lug your suitcases up 2 or 3 flights of stairs, have an actual bathtub and also cable TV with CNN. We just stayed here one night before a flight home. We had no complaints. I wouldn't choose this hotel if the focus of my stay was visiting Munich. it's a little far from city center. For flying in and out of Munich we found it to be very convenient and comfortable. We got it at a discounted rate so we were very happy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for NH Muenchen Airport

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We fell in love with a fab NH hotel in holland at Waalwijk and assumed this might be similar sadly not so. I rate this hotel well below premier Inn standard. Didn't have the expensive breakfast and assumed we would be well catered for choice wise at the airport again not so very little on offer past security and expensive.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank FionaHelene
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Nice hotel with all the amenities, but a shuttle away from the airport and transportation. We arrived at 8:00 am after an overnight flight from the USA and the staff was very nice about storing our luggage. Three couples negotiated a 65 euro cab drive into the center of the city - about 25 miles. Very far from the city and it takes about an hour to back by subway to the airport and then waiting for the hotel shuttle. Good breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I arrived late, and left early, so can only say that I had a brilliant night's sleep, the desk staff were lovely, and the breakfast was just what I wanted, a typical German breakfast with fresh bread, cheeses, yoghurt, etc. and the coffee was fine. It was great value, and ideal after arriving at München airport on a late flight.

Room Tip: You can ask for a quiet room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel was on the outskirt of the city, but was well maintained. Big and spacious rooms with all the basic ammenities. Well connected to the airport with private shuttle service and also Regio buses. Friendly staff.

But I booked the hotel through Galahotels.com, and my reservation was not communicated to the hotel by the website. I had a very hard time convincing the hotel that my stay is already paid in advance. Poor communication between galahotels.com and the NH Hotel Muenchen Airport.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just recently stayed at this hotel for one night before moving to a hotel closer to the downtown area. This hotel is quite nice and the location was great. It is not a walking distance to the airport, but it does have a bus to bring you back and forth to the airport. The room was nice and I would say have a standard equal to US standards. Internet comes with the room which was nice. The breakfast offering was good. Overall, for the price, this is a good hotel that is close to the airport.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank utthon
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My travel agent had booked me an "airport hotel". Typically something I try to avoid, but sometimes there is no other way. In this case, I had not done any research, so was dissappointed I had to take a bus to get to the hotel. And it took me some time to find out I had to take a but to the hotel.

Upon arrival, it took 5 minutes for someone to show up to do the check-in. How is this possible in an airport hotel??? Ok, it was sunday evening, but that should not matter.... I don't want to wait for 5 minutes to be greeted at an empty hotel reception.

The hotel room was reasonable, but my window did not close properly... being an airport hotel, this is obviously a critical factor !!! If I pushed it, the sound proofing for departing airplanes was ok, but as soon as I let to, all noise just entered the room. Not acceptable. Also, the curtains did not fully keep the light out...on the sides a lot of light still came into the room.

The carpet in the room had 5 cm long burn marks, again not acceptable. On the bed, there was a leaflet on "join the NH world".... only in German !?!?! NH Management, this is an AIRPORT hotel... you do non-german speaking people as hotel guests.

The breakfast was good, with a variety of choice, but the eggs were all dried out... they should notice this and replaced!

The check-out was fast... at least something good... but that did not make up for all the other things below standards. Don't think I will return here again if I have a choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Garfield963
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schwaig
Novotel Muenchen Airport
Movenpick Hotel Munchen Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos

Been to NH Muenchen Airport? Share your experiences!