$171
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pic Epeiche(Montbazon)(Great Value!)
$76
Hotel balladins Tours Sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$37
hotelF1 Tours sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$36
Mister Bed Chambray les Tours(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$34
Fasthotel Tours Sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$35
Hotel Ibis Tours Sud(Chambray-Les-Tours)
$74
TripAdvisor
All reviewsloire valleypublic roomstennis courtsits charmlovely groundsmain buildingbeautiful castletwo nightsstayed one nighta wonderful staybreadmarble staircasespachateaufrenchfrancewedding
Reviewed September 7, 2011

To put that in perspective, we cruise on the the silver sea, this trip is first class around the word and our income is in the top 1% but we always look for value.
Nothing amuses me more than travelers who complain about their accommodation and when you ask where do you normally sleep it is in a pretty normal 2 bathroom house with furniture from IKEA ( I do like some of their stuff) We liked the hotel, it's age is part of it's charm, the toilet and showers work! I have a masters degree in building services) The breakfast was good and also the dinner, very nice views out of our 3 windows and the staff, especially Maeva was outstanding. We staid in some soul less hotels around the world, the Hilton feels the same in Instantinopal( remember) and in new York . Get over it and stop grumbling we will stay here again next year on ou next first class trip around the world , now I have to go to argintinia. Regards.

Room Tip: Liked the bath room imensely
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Johan O
Reviewed August 30, 2011

First off all, the castles exterieur is obviously good looking. We went for a weekend for a wedding at the chateau. The chateau is also beautiful inside, with high cealings. But the hotel has not been renoveted for ages, the rooms are outdated as well as the bathrooms. This is NOT an luxury in any way - nothing is included (you wold expect so with the price of the room) and the staff is really rude. The "Spa"; old and you have to pay for entrance. This is not worth paying for ; really just a lage hottub and a sauna. And you would not be able to use the fitness room - it is really as hot as the sauna! All of the staff is really rude. I know that you have be really polite to get good service in some places in France, and I really acted that way. But nothing helped - EVERYONE that I met at this place did nothing to make may stay enjoyable. When you asked for something with a smile - like simple things like butter or some more wine, they did`nt come back. And it is really RUDE to overprice everything that they do - if you buy a Coke the price is almost TWICE the price than posh places in St.Tropez (Nikki Beach) Cannes, etc.. And the food is overpriced AND bad. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Not quality-food at all. You would expect them to serve local wine - but they didn`t! I really can not understand why there is positive comments here on tripadv. about this place - maybe the hotel has hired someone to write positive comments? --`cuse we where a party of 60 people and during the weekend there where a lot of comments on the lack of service.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank OslNorw
Reviewed July 28, 2011

If you want the experience of staying in a grand old chateaux - this is the place for you. The rooms are dated and in need of refurbishing, but somehow that adds to the charm. Kind of like staying at Mona Desmond's place on Sunset Blvd. It's probably a little over-rated, but if you keep in mind WHAT it is, you should be happy for a night or two.

The food in the dining room was limited, but good. The property walked a fine line between being concerned that we were fed and pushing the dining room by always asking or calling and asking if we were dining "in tonight".

A good location to base for a little chateaux touring.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mk54
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed here as part of a Backroads bike tour of the Loire Valley. Riding up the hill to the hotel, you're first impression is WOW! The grounds and setting are lovely. The chateau is impressive. Our suite was huge (but not the bathroom). It's kind of fun to see French hotels, where you can have a huge bathroom and tiny room or tiny bathroom and huge room (like this). That's part of the character of renovated chateaux. I will say that I concur with the reviewer who said the room was HOT. We had a humongous junior suite with one window to open. Besides that there was a minimally functional air system located 20 feet above us (since the room had very, very high ceilings). There were also two very high up decorative windows. We slept great in spite of the heat and I thought the bed was comfortable. I agree with the reviewer who said this was decorated like what someone thought was luxury decades ago, but I found the decor fine in a laughingly pretentious way. I agree that the staff also seemed a little pretentious, which I took with good humor. My less than stellar rating is due to what I might expect from a 5 star experience, primarily the quality of the food and the prices. I did not think the food was spectacular and we had an odd experience where for this particular trip we ate at the hotel twice and both nights had virtually the same menu, with a choice of 3 items. This might have been just for our group though. We have taken other luxury bike trips in other areas of France, and the food in this hotel I didn't think was up to the standards of the others. Plus I think it was hugely expensive. A martini in the bar cost something like 15 euro, and it certainly wasn't presented in an appealing manner by a friendly bar keep. The bar and wait staff seemed matter of fact, and bored. In a place like a Ritz Carlton, they know you by name and act like they are glad to see you. This place doesn't want to know your name; they just want to take your money. I am not sure what other places there are in the area, and if money is no object, this is a gorgeous property.

One other bugaboo, but one which we saw in other places: they put an unattractive glass fence around the pool, which also has ugly dirt around the chaise lounges. Pool area could be more attractive, but the hotel setting is beautiful and restful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iblaurajc
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Situated on the outskirts of Montbazon, the chateau and its grounds are lovely. My bedroom was well-decorated and comfortable. The public rooms were also beautifully maintained. The service was extremely professsional and the members of staff I encountered were pleasant and friendly.

I ate dinner and breakfast there. The restaurant and breakfast rooms are spectacular and the meals I had were extremely good.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business