“One of the best meals I've had”
Review of Restaurant La Chanceliere - CLOSED

Restaurant La Chanceliere
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were recommended to eat in this restaurant by the Chateau D'Avigny, where we were staying up the road. I am gluten intolerant, and read on Tripadvisor that someone let them know in advance that they were gluten free, and were accommodated nicely, so we did the same. We almost didn't eat here that night because we were hesitant to have another large meal, but it was well worth it! I was given fresh gluten free bread, and all of my courses were modified with my even having to ask. We were given two amuse bouches- the cold zucchini soup was amazing. The appetizer of zucchini "spaghetti" with squid was surprising delicious, excellently spiced. My main course of a white fish called maigre on top of butternut squash puree was heavenly. I could not recommend this restaurant more, and the service was fantastic, with the chef even coming out to say goodbye as we left. One of the best meals I've ever had- creative and delicious.

2  Thank Rachel S

Reviewed July 30, 2013

We knew nothing about restaurants in Montbazon and came across La Chancerliere when wandering around the town looking for somewhere for dinner. The restaurant was beautifully decorated and the staff explained the French menu to us. The food was fantastic from the first to the last course. The wine list was very extensive. We all agreed our experience at La Chancerliere was our best in the three weeks we have been travelling through Italy and France.

If you are travelling and staying in Montbazon make a point of having dinner here. You won 't be disappointed.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Several menus - we took the 49 euros menu which included 2 amuse bouche dishes, an appetizer, fish dish, meat dish , dessert and petit fours. They have half bottles of wine with really nice prices (we had red wine for 16 euros for a half bottle). The food itself is phenomenal. Each dish is interesting, delicious and makes you savor every bite. The service is great ,even for non-french speakers.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Whilst staying in Azay-le Riddeau, we came across this restaurant and how glad we are that we did ! Very calm decor and delightful and friendly service started our visit. Then the menu, divided into a la carte and some set menu's all coming from the a la carte, we went fot the "Olivier" and were not disappointed everything course was delicious and perfectly executed. The wine list was also very good indeed and complimented the superb food. Have no hesitation in saying if you're in the area do yourself a favour and visit this fabullous restaurant,

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Located in the town of Montbazon just minutes away from Domaine de la Tortiniere, this restaurant is not to be missed. Each course is impeccable and the wine list is filled with gems. I wrote to ask them if they could accommodate a gluten allergy, and they went so far as to bake me some delicious gluten free bread! My daughter and I can not recommend this restaurant highly enough. It was superb from start to finish.

1  Thank GFchef