“Perfect to combine Surfing with Culture”

Carcavelos Surf School
Surf Lesson on Praia de Carcavelos
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Carcavelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Carcavelos Surf School came in 2001, with the first school of surf on the beach in Carcavelos. Teachers are experienced and accredited by the Portuguese Surfing Federation. The school has facilities that are appropriate to students' needs (clothing, hygiene) and a wide range of boards and suits of neoprene. The classes are for students of all ages and different levels.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We've spent a week at Carcavelos Surf Camp. It was a great time for us with very nice and qualified instructors. We were totally beginners and it made so much fun, we will defintily keep on surfing. With flexible surf lessons, you can plan your time individually. So, besides surfing, you have enough time to visit Lisbon and sourroundings. So it's perfect, if you want to combine surfing with culture. Therefore, we can recommend Carcavelos Surf Camp/School to everybody!!!!
Greets
Melanie + Thorsten

1  Thank ThorstenK1307
Pedro E, Gerente at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello dear Melanie and Thorsten,
Thanks for your kindly words!
Making happy our Guest´s Surfers is a big pleasure and a priority, and we always try to do our best to make it happen day after day.

I wish all the best for your life and i hope you can visit us again before we start getting old... :)
A big Hug for both,
Pedro Soares

Reviewed June 19, 2013

So, my Big Dream was to see the Ocean and to try Surfing, and I've decided to try the Carcavelos Surf School - as it was highly recommended by my Portuguese boss as the best one. And, believe me, I've never regretted my choice during my 10-day stay in Carcavelos. And I will deffinitely reco this school to all my friends because the CSS has proved to be simply THE BEST! :)

Here are more details.

PEDRO SOARES was our everything in Portugal, whatever help was needed, no matter when or where - he was always there for you to help you out, to take care of you and to arrange everything for you. He was the one to sucessfully organize the whole trip (surf lessons, accommodation, excursions) and to provide that our stay goes as smoothly and joyfully as it was.

During our 7 days of surfing we've had different instructors, and that was really a valuable expereince! Each of them has taught us something very special. Sure, all the instructors were different in their style but there was one common feature for all of them - they were there for you, always by your side, helping you out. To put it in business terms - they were absolutely "customer-oriented". They were unbelievebaly friendly, helpful aaaand handsome ;)

All the lessons were always arranged very well - all the necessary equipment available, the lessons started on time and groups were very small. And you could always feel (as I noted before) that the instructor is here, by your side, keeping an eye on you, and teaching you how to surf step by step.

Also, the location of Carcavelos Surf Camp itself is really marvellous - very close to different spots, to Lisboa, a variety of local attractions, etc. We've been somewhere out every night (Cascais, Carcavelos, Lisboa, Oeiras, etc), and it was very easy to get there by train or even on foot. Also, the food was also nice, plus a range of places around where you could always have a drink or a bite.

And here I want to say a BIG-BIG thank you to the whole Team and to each of our Surf Instructors separately!

IVAN - was my very first surf experience and he taught me that surf is actually fun, just stop staring at the waters and enjoy the ride :) and it was with him that I did my first and only pop-up :)

HUGO - was our real Hugo Surf Boss - it was thanks to him that I actually managed to stand up, and I'm damn happy I managed it even for several times during our last surfing, woohoo! Yeah, I so badly wanted to make him proud of his teaching skills. Thank you, Hugo!!!

PAOLO was the one who helped me to figure out which is my rear foot (yeah, I've been changing the foots all the time), now I know for sure that I'm a goofy foot and it helps a lot. Also, he was the one to make me paddle like crazy (even though he was a big help, at some point even paddling instead of me, hehe), so now I'm not afraid of paddling anymore ;)

MARTIN was our guide through the big, strong and tough waves in Caparica, he was always by our sides with his advice or helpful hands, and now I'm not afraid of waves anymore, now I know how to actually enjoy them :)

Thank you, guys!!! Please, keep it up! And good luck!

Marina

1  Thank MarinAniram
Pedro E, Manager at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Hello Marina,
Thanks for your lovely words. You dont have idea how happy we are with such a detailed compliment about us!
You know, its just Passion. We love Surfing, we love teaching people, we love to show our country and our great waves and beaches, we love to meet new people and we love to know that people are happy after choosing Carcavelos Surf School&Camp. Thanks for your wonderfull presence with us, and we´ll wait for your return with all the Passion we have :):)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I entirely recommend Carcavelos Surf School for everybody who would like to try surfing! I have tried surfing by using their services, and they were of highest quality with respect to punctuality, choosing weather conditions, place to surfing and most importantly the great lessons of surfing. My teacher was Hugo Grebe, and thanks to him I manage to take a bigger wave during my first lesson! My trip to Lisbon would never be so amazing if I missed the surfing under the instructions of Carcavelos Surf School. Pedro Soares responded within a few minutes on my e mail, and in addition to it we had an excellent contact via mobile phone, and then on live. Friendly atmosphere, real passion to surfing, and great abilities to teaching characterise Carcavelos Surf School. Pedro and Hugo - thank you and see you again in near future. Double greetings from Norway and Poland!!!

1  Thank Blaise1985
Pedro E, Proprietário at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thanks a lot for your words and support!
Happy to know that you spent a nice time here with us.

It was a real pleasure to have you at Carcaveloos Surf School.
You did a very nice performance as a total beguinner!

Looking forward to receive you soon,
Pedro Soares

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I definitely recommend Carcavelos surf school also for beginners. Our group was very inexperienced, but we started to practise with less waves and with experience moved to larger ones. My favourite place was Costa de Caparica (day trip), even though I had an accident with the board and lost my toe nail there.. Such a beautiful, magical atmosphere and great beach! Our teacher Hugo was very patient with us, eventhough we were a bit challenging. ;) Very good service and flexible schedule. So thank you Hugo & Pedro! You are such a great people! Maybe we´ll get back there some day.. :)

1  Thank E_Finland
Pedro E, Gerente at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Aloha,

It's true! Surf School on Costa da Caparica is very special. We hope to return again to slip into the waves!

Thanks

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Carcavelos Surf School is a highly qualified place to take your lessons or go for a rental of your favorite water sport. Everyone at the school is very helpful, the teachers are well experienced and highly qualified, therefore I strongly recommend that you give it a try. After your class, there is a lovely beach café attached to the school where you can have a nice snack (enormous toasts and fruit juices are a must!) or even a real meal. Catch some nice waves!!

1  Thank amostrinha

Hellooooooooooo,

Thanks for your nice phrases.

Nothing better than surfing and then eat and drink well;)

Aloha!