“Amazing surfing lesson”

Surf Lesson on Praia de Carcavelos
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Carcavelos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Carcavelos Surf School came in 2001, with the first school of surf on the beach in Carcavelos. Teachers are experienced and accredited by the Portuguese Surfing Federation. The school has facilities that are appropriate to students' needs (clothing, hygiene) and a wide range of boards and suits of neoprene. The classes are for students of all ages and different levels.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I entirely recommend Carcavelos Surf School for everybody who would like to try surfing! I have tried surfing by using their services, and they were of highest quality with respect to punctuality, choosing weather conditions, place to surfing and most importantly the great lessons of surfing. My teacher was Hugo Grebe, and thanks to him I manage to take a bigger wave during my first lesson! My trip to Lisbon would never be so amazing if I missed the surfing under the instructions of Carcavelos Surf School. Pedro Soares responded within a few minutes on my e mail, and in addition to it we had an excellent contact via mobile phone, and then on live. Friendly atmosphere, real passion to surfing, and great abilities to teaching characterise Carcavelos Surf School. Pedro and Hugo - thank you and see you again in near future. Double greetings from Norway and Poland!!!

1  Thank Blaise1985
Pedro E, Proprietário at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thanks a lot for your words and support!
Happy to know that you spent a nice time here with us.

It was a real pleasure to have you at Carcaveloos Surf School.
You did a very nice performance as a total beguinner!

Looking forward to receive you soon,
Pedro Soares

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I definitely recommend Carcavelos surf school also for beginners. Our group was very inexperienced, but we started to practise with less waves and with experience moved to larger ones. My favourite place was Costa de Caparica (day trip), even though I had an accident with the board and lost my toe nail there.. Such a beautiful, magical atmosphere and great beach! Our teacher Hugo was very patient with us, eventhough we were a bit challenging. ;) Very good service and flexible schedule. So thank you Hugo & Pedro! You are such a great people! Maybe we´ll get back there some day.. :)

1  Thank E_Finland
Pedro E, Gerente at Carcavelos Surf School, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Aloha,

It's true! Surf School on Costa da Caparica is very special. We hope to return again to slip into the waves!

Thanks

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Carcavelos Surf School is a highly qualified place to take your lessons or go for a rental of your favorite water sport. Everyone at the school is very helpful, the teachers are well experienced and highly qualified, therefore I strongly recommend that you give it a try. After your class, there is a lovely beach café attached to the school where you can have a nice snack (enormous toasts and fruit juices are a must!) or even a real meal. Catch some nice waves!!

1  Thank amostrinha

Hellooooooooooo,

Thanks for your nice phrases.

Nothing better than surfing and then eat and drink well;)

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Trip to Lisbon was about seeing the city and having a surf. Booked surfing with another company. Tuesday morning came and went and I was still sitting outside my accommodation waiting to be picked up. I contacted them by email. I went about looking around the city as I didn't want to waste the day completely. After arriving back to my room and checking, found that unforeseen problem had arisen. They had given me the contact for Carcavelos Surf school.
I sent an email to Carcavelos around 8 pm. I received an email back from Pedro within 15 min. There was a placing for me for a surf in the afternoon class. I was stoked as a few other schools were booked or not even going out due to possible weather conditions.
I organised to go for the surf and required directions as I was staying in city centre. Directions arrived and I was set for next day of surfing.
Wednesday arrived I followed directions and they were spot on. I was feeling good by this stage. Had a quick bite to eat in cafe next door to school. Arrived at school and was greeted by Hugo. Introductions over he suited me up and we were ready to surf.
Went through warm ups and basic surf techniques with a breeze. Teaching and English was excellent. We then hit the water and had a great time. Coaching tips while out there helped me enjoy my time in the surf. Will definitely head back to Carcavelos surf school with a few others next time.
Thanks for the great few hours of surf Pedro and Hugo it completed my Lisbon trip. I am still smiling now at home in Ireland.

1  Thank Jez-aus

Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

We are glad to hear that you liked our school.

We waited for you for next trip.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

I had never written a review but this time I just had to. It was my second surf trip to Portugal but first to Carcavelos. My expectations were surpassed. The school has two centers, one in Carcavelos beach and another in Costa da Caparica so you will always have an option in case there are no waves in one beach you can go to the other. Ran by The Pedros (the two owners are called Pedro Elias and Pedro Soares) they make sure not only that you learn and enjoy the surfing safely but also that your stay in Portugal is a pleasant one helping with any kind of issue and giving great advice and suggestions on where to eat, what to visit, etc.

The location of the surf school in Carcavelos cannot be any better. There are a few train stations on walking distance (I used mostly Santo Amaro) where you have easy commuting to several great villages like Cascais and to Lisbon which is not more than 20kms away, nice restaurants by the beach, supermarkets, pharmacies, shops and so on.

The Pedros are great at handling groups of adults but what really impressed me is how good they were with kids, especially Pedro Elias who has all the tricks to keep kids in line while having fun. So if you have kids and would like to do a surf trip with them this is definitely the place.

Both Pedros are experienced surfers, they make sure you get the basics giving you a good dose of theory but more emphasis on the practice. Organized, punctual and professional but at the same time the guys are good to talk to and show so much humbleness and kindness that you end up feeling you have known them forever.

As I mentioned at the beginning of my review I had never written anything here before but my experience was just too good not to say anything. I would recommend Carcavelos Surf School as a definite must when visiting Portugal. Thanks Pedro and Elias for the great surf and for the great time and see you again very soon!

Igmar

3  Thank oniblast

Hello Igmar,

Thanks for your compliments and we do appreciate your time because you're a nice guy.

We wait for you next summer!

Thanks,