“great place to eat”

The Gun Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Ardersier B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2010

looking for a place to to eat for lunch or dinner look no further excellent place a wee gem
hotel nice very friendly will be back

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo

Reviewed July 6, 2010

The staff are very welcoming and you are made to feel at ease. The hotel and bar are of a good standard and value for money, but the greatest asset to this hotel is the restaraunt and chef. The food is of such a high standard and more than you would accpect for the modest price. We travelled up from dundee and can safley say we will be staying again and if passing near the area would definatly go for a meal. The food that is served is so delicious and mouthwatering that i will be telling all my friends and family about it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2010

Looking for a place to eat go to gun lodge have a great meal food fab
fresh produce great to here his

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 8, 2010

I stayed at this surprising gem of a welcoming hotel on 1st January 2010 after easyjet had cancelled my flight home to Bristol.
I was asked if I minded that their last available room was not ensuite. As I had just spent New Years Eve overnight in Inverness airport -ice prevented take-off after hours of delay (a strange and communal experience) sharing a bathroom was the least of my problems.
Richard offered to collect me plus a family of fellow stranded passengers from the airport, Sheena gave clear instructions on when and where pick up would be. This reduced my anxiety in what was a very chaotic airport. On arrival I was commiserated with, asked what I would like to eat, and an incoming call was facilitated with no fuss.
Sheena, the owner, a chef in her own right, catered beautifully for my gluten-free needs, and is a wonderful cook (it was the chefs night off). The standard of cleanliness was excellent, I stay in hotels regularly when working away from home, sure there could be some updating done but my room was a haven. The bath/bathroom was warm. Sheena gave me the use of her lap top to try to arrange travel home and when unsuccessful she drove me back to Forres herself out of kindness in horrible road conditions. Tthe whole experience restored my belief that friendliness and having your basic needs met is way more important than boutique/designer hotel trimmings. Thank-you so much.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I have used the Gun Lodge Hotel on numerous occassions and if you want a great laugh with the locals this is the place to be on most weekends. The food is second to none especially on a Sunday afternoon. The Beer and wine are of a fine taste and the atmosphere is fantastic. Accommodation wise - If you are after all the mod cons this isnt for you. Take the hotel as you see it as it is a very comfortable place at reasonable prices and the staff are great. As Arnie would say; I'll be back :-)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2009

My husband has stayed in this hotel several times on business over the last couple of years. I have joined him on a couple of occassions for leisure after he praised the hotel. I found it to be superb value for money. The staff cannot do enough for you and the food is excellant. Breakfast was very good, evening meals are superb. We stayed in Room 9 on this occassion and found it to be clean and of a high standard. The owner and her family made us feel very welcome. The staff are very friendly. It is a good base for sightseeing in the local area and as it is just outside Inverness is very quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2009

This was my second visit to the Gunlodge Hotel. Each time I have found it most accommodating and friendly. The food was excellent, the breakfasts superb. Nothing is too much trouble for the owner and her staff. I am already looking forward to my next visit in August 2010.

David. Birmingham.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardersier
Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
Rossmount Guest House
Rossmount Guest House
#14 of 234 in Inverness
Moray Bay Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Gun Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!