“Genuine and homely experience.”

The Gun Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Ardersier B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is just a beautiful little b&b, with great access to the beach, an excellent restaurant and a quiet little town. The room was full of small touches that other b&bs forget; things like tissues, a greeting letter with important information, a book about local attractions IN the room and more than enough towels. And our host was always gracious.

Room Tip: Make a reservation at the gun lodge hotel - they only serve a few people at a time but it is entirel...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We have visited a few times now since moving nearby. Have always found the staff friendly, with drinks topped up, the food is cooked to order so some times takes a wee while but we've never noticed the time as it's such a relaxing atmosphere, the food has always been hot and as asked for. Feel as we came as customers and leave as friends. Booking is recommended as I hear it gets busy in the season.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Up here to see my sister in law and was told to try the gun lodge hotel for food and wow cooked to order which I love cause I work in the trade so it's hard to find a good food place and this place has it good staff who listen and are willing to help what u might want myself and my other half had 4 fussy teen and me who can't eat mushrooms but I asked if the kids could have certain stuff and they helped out plus myself and my nephew don't like mushrooms and we wanted the chicken pie and guess what they left the mushrooms out for us and it was fab alone with the starters and my other sorted a cake for me which he left and they didn't mind holding behind the bar to surprise me, wasn't to expensive and I'm a Glasgow lass so I know what it can be like with a family of 7 out, can't wait to visit my sister in law again so I can try different stuff, so huge thank you to the chief and bar staff well done

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I think we maybe set the bar high for the restaurant! Turns out it wasn't any different from bog standard pub food. Service was to a minimum as she too busy attend the bar. Wasn't sure of the 'roast of the day' thought it was pork and it turned out to be turkey. Then we ordered the fillet steak stack and was told it comes as it's cooked which we was informed that was well done no other option? Not very impressed! Won't be returning!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 22, 2014

While staying in Ardersier my husband and I decided to give the Gun lodge a try for dinner one night. We both had the vegetarian choice and really enjoyed both dishes. The staff were very friendly and helpful and we enjoyed a lovely evening in the cosy bar afterwards. Will definatly be back soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marion R
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here on a planed trip to Forth George and what a great place to stop in.

The hotel is almost as old as Forth George itself, and was initially used as married officers quarters ask Sheena the owner as to why two Staircases.

First of all the staff here are some of the best I have meet in a small hotel from start to finish we were well catered for, a special mention to Christina our waitress and the barmaid for her care of us.

The room we had was large clean and well appointed, the bed was firm, which suited my wife rather than myself. As it was a very cold couple of nights it was warm and just very pleasant.

The winner here is the food, I never thought a Rib eye steak (Scottish) could be beaten by a burger the Boar Burger is a must try. As we stayed two night I have to say every disk we had was well above the normal quality that I have had in many hotels including the large international ones. Although the costs are based on room only, do go for the breakfast, a great potato scone, Stornoway Black Pudding, local butchers sausages not to be missed.

As always there is a bit of a negative being a small village the bar is well used by the locals and they can be a bit noisy, but they are locals.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed overnight whilst attending a function. The room was spacious,clean and warm. The staff were friendly and helpful. Food served was good.
The hotel basis was room only but breakfast (continental or cooked) available in the bar in the morning.

Also took a walk along a path following the sea towards Fort George. Turn right out of the hotel car park, take a left a short distance along the road, sign posted community garden. Small car park and nice walk.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ardersier
Best Western Inverness Palace Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Ardersier
Hawthorn Lodge Guest House
Hawthorn Lodge Guest House
#74 of 234 in Inverness

Been to The Gun Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!