Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
StayForLong
eDreams
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2018

I ended up here by accident - I had a meeting at a nearby hospital, and this was the hotel that appeared to be the closest. Had I realised that it was essentially a service station stop-off point, I would have looked elsewhere, but I thought I'd give it a go.

To be fair, the desk staff were friendly and welcoming, but there wasn't much to write home about beyond that. The rooms were comfy enough and I had a good night's sleep, but were dated, and didn't have any USB ports to charge your phone. The TV reception was iffy, and the internet wasn't the fastest.

The biggest issue was with the restaurant. This place is literally in the middle of an industrial desert - the nearest alternative seemed to be about a 20 euro cab ride away, so you are stuck with the Hotel Restaurant. The menu is limited and basic - Tomato and Mozzarella salad is just that. A bland, sliced tomato (arranged vertically, they seem to taste better that way, apparently) and a chunk of Mozzarella, with a handful of basil leaves. Some of the pasta appeared to be reheated, and my rib of beef was tasty, but very fatty. The bread rolls provided would be classed as offensive weapons in some countries - "Crostini" said the rather snotty waiter - or "Stale" as they are known in the UK.

Breakfast was worse - al-dente boiled potatoes, spinach and fatty bacon, although the usual selection of pastries was OK I suppose.

So, you will get a decent night's sleep here, and it's cheap for Milan, but use it only as a stop off point when you are passing through.

Room tip: Nice views of the mountains at the back of the hotel.
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

I came here for the U2 concert and wanted to stay somewhere near so I was not fight for a train

I booked the hotel and the hotel had organised a shuttle to the concert

However it is only possible to get here by car. Public transport is metro line 2 costing 2.50 from the centre

When I arrive there was no buses and no taxis. I rung the hotel and they told me that the Congress hotel close by should have taxis which I found one so another 8.50 was the taxi cost

The hotel does have a free shuttle service but only in the morning and early evening

The staff were friendly and helpful but things like the WiFi was not working so well

So I it is good to know the hotel is here should I be driving south or if I wanted to drive to Milan and go into the city and leave my car outside

But I will not come to any more concerts in this area

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 23, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to Sarteano. We had not booked a room, just called in on the off chance. The receptionist was very helpful. We didn't have an evening meal just a bar meal in the hotel which was freshly prepared. We did have breakfast which we were very happy with, lots to chose from, all fresh, self service, eat as much as you like. We elected to park in the secure parking area for five euros. No complaints from us.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
aurora p, Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2018

Dear Maisie P., first of all thank you for your review and thank you for the beautiful words. I will share the comments with my staff.
And I have to say one thing: I'm from Sarteano!! Incredible, isn't it? So better happiness to read the review.
I hope to welcome you again on the way back, please contact me
see you soon,
resident manager

Reviewed September 18, 2018 via mobile

Dont recomend to anyone only in case of real emergency. Totally inorganised from reception to restaurant. Missing personel douring dinner time. Cleanless of rooms and hotel in general is very bad.
Im not sure how this can be a 4☆ hotel???

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
aurora p, Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Good morning Igor D,
what a bad reviw! What happened? I've never recived such a bad review about our hotel. Maybe you arrived in a bad moment when all my staff was very busy. I apologize for this bad experience. I can say usually the guests experience is a potive one.
I'm really sorry.
About the cleanless of the rooms I have serous doubts...our rooms are deep clenaed every day so I really can't understand.
If you want to give me more info don't hesitate to contact me
Resident Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2018

Myself and my son stayed here for one night after arriving on the ferry from Ancona and heading back to the UK.

The location for travellers in a car heading past Milan, but needing somewhere to stay, could not be better - it was perfect. People gave it low scores on the reviews because you need a car, but that is quite obvious from the location of the hotel. It is a hotel at a motorway services so yes, you need a car. We paid 5 euros to park in the guarded area which was fine. The room was clean and spacious, had 3 beds in it (even though I'd only booked for 2) and breakfast was just what we needed before the next part of our trip. We even managed to do a couple of hours shopping at MilanoFiori before we started the monster-drive back, which my son loved.

I hadn't realised there was a mini-gym, otherwise I would have taken my gym stuff in. Didn't check it out this time, but if I stay here again I will.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
aurora p, Manager at Holiday Inn Milan - Assago, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Dear snKits,

I would like to thank you for the great review! Really thanks. For us it's a pleasure to read that everything was ok in Holiday Inn Assago. I have particularly appreciated your comments about the position: usually people complain about the position and the fact you need a car!
Thank you gaian; I hope to welcome you again soon
best regards