All reviews lovely hotel spacious grounds beautiful garden cab ride sky box free wifi mini bar no doubt staying at this hotel scrambled eggs decent hotel business trip comfortable bed one night stay visit milan forum concert
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Very cosy, plea sant hotel in the business area of Milano suburb. In the comparison with other nearby hotels, it has got a good ratio of quality and price. It has got free parking outside (within hotel gate limits), and a payable underground garage. The breakfast is decent.

Room tip: ask for a double bed
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Giada I, Ufficio Direzione Commerciale at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

We really thank you for your kind review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and we hope to have you again as our guest for a future trip to Milan.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here twice for business trips. The rooms are spacious, clean, warm and well decorated. It's close to public transport but not much else around it. The reception staff are very welcoming and the restaurant is good but the pasta dishes were just OK. You have to pay 10 euros for 24 hrs wifi which is way too much it should be free. Overall good value for money.

Date of stay: February 2013

Tthank you for your kind review.
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we and we'd like to inform you that we are thinking about some new services regarding wi-fi connection for our Guest.

We hope to have you again as our guest in occasion of a future trip to Milan.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 3 days. Very warm welcome at the reception desk. Very clean and fresh. Good location. Food served in the restaurant is good. Wifi available, speed is ok. Good value for money.

Date of stay: February 2013
Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Biji

We really thank you for your kind review.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and we hope to have you again as our guest as soon as you come back to Milan.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

This hotel is maybe not perfect for it location but it's very good one for the services the offer. Very big rooms, clean and well decorated. Breakfast is nice, big choice, everything is fresh and tasty. Parking. We had also lunch and dinner at hotel and food was very nice.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dasha S
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here on the 9th November till 11th, we were a family of 3, plus another adult in a second room. Our entire purpose of staying here was to see Ennio Morricone the following night, so we wanted somewhere close by, and I dont think that you get anywhere closer!!
We flew into Bergamo, so a coach trip and an underground journey and we were there.
We could see the Hotel sign from the station, but it took us a while to figure out how we could get into the hotel!! This was soon solved however, once we spoke to some staff at the Arena.
We arrived late, and food had stopped being served, however we were warmly welcomed, and headed to the bar, where the kindly barman knocked us up some sandwiches(we were starving!!)
Next day we headed into Milan, but we did not have a great deal of time to sight see, however the underground is easily accessible, so it would be somewhere we would venture to in the future.
Forgot to mention the breakfast, buffet style, nice cakes, croissants, cereals and jams, scrambled eggs , bacon and cold cuts if you wanted, and coffee brought to the table. The lady who served us on the Saturday was very efficient and friendly, getting me a latte machiatto (as I had seen someone else with it), she was keen to know how I enjoyed everything.
Then the long anticipated concert, we got there in about 8 mins on foot from the hotel. It had rained persistently since arriving in Milan, but this did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm.
The concert came and went, and we went to breakfast again, same fare, different staff, who were not quite as friendly or attentive as the previous day (taking away coffee pots before it was finished, bringing the wrong order when I asked for latte machiato)
The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and quiet.
However, the absolute highlight of my trip was when MR MORRICONE himself (and his wife), came down to breakfast and sat on the table next to us. I was overawed.
If this hotel is good enough for a world renowned, Oscar winning musician, then it's good enough for me!!
And yes I would return, as I would like to see more of Milan.

Date of stay: November 2012