All reviewslovely hotelmediolanum forumlovely groundswould definitely stay here againcab ridefree wifino doubtstaying at this hotelmini bardecent hotelbusiness tripone night staycomfortable bedscrambled eggsvisit milanconcertmetro
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed here on the 9th November till 11th, we were a family of 3, plus another adult in a second room. Our entire purpose of staying here was to see Ennio Morricone the following night, so we wanted somewhere close by, and I dont think that you get anywhere closer!!
We flew into Bergamo, so a coach trip and an underground journey and we were there.
We could see the Hotel sign from the station, but it took us a while to figure out how we could get into the hotel!! This was soon solved however, once we spoke to some staff at the Arena.
We arrived late, and food had stopped being served, however we were warmly welcomed, and headed to the bar, where the kindly barman knocked us up some sandwiches(we were starving!!)
Next day we headed into Milan, but we did not have a great deal of time to sight see, however the underground is easily accessible, so it would be somewhere we would venture to in the future.
Forgot to mention the breakfast, buffet style, nice cakes, croissants, cereals and jams, scrambled eggs , bacon and cold cuts if you wanted, and coffee brought to the table. The lady who served us on the Saturday was very efficient and friendly, getting me a latte machiatto (as I had seen someone else with it), she was keen to know how I enjoyed everything.
Then the long anticipated concert, we got there in about 8 mins on foot from the hotel. It had rained persistently since arriving in Milan, but this did nothing to dampen my enthusiasm.
The concert came and went, and we went to breakfast again, same fare, different staff, who were not quite as friendly or attentive as the previous day (taking away coffee pots before it was finished, bringing the wrong order when I asked for latte machiato)
The rooms were spacious and comfortable, and quiet.
However, the absolute highlight of my trip was when MR MORRICONE himself (and his wife), came down to breakfast and sat on the table next to us. I was overawed.
If this hotel is good enough for a world renowned, Oscar winning musician, then it's good enough for me!!
And yes I would return, as I would like to see more of Milan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel...in the wrong place. Or, rather, perfect if you work in the business area South of Milan, but very far if you want to use it for the City Centre. Elegant, modern and full of light, good prices, shame the view on the motorway and the shopping centres.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We were able to get a great deal at the Royal Garden. This hotel is just on the side of a convention center and I guess we stayed there on one of those weeks with no events. The hotel was empty and prices were just excellent (150 Euros / night for a family of 3). Our room was very comfortable, the bathroom very spacious and also very clean. The breakfast buffet was very good as well. The staff was very kind and helpful (they helped me to locate my camera I had forgotten in a bar nearby the Piazza Del Duomo). One may worry about the distance of this hotel to downtown. In a 10 minute walk you are at the subway station. You will have to pay a little more due to the distance from the station to central zone and walking back in late hours to the hotel can be a little scary.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

A fabulous hotel, food was excellent, the rooms were spacious and clean and very well decorated. The staff were friendly and willing to help and spoke better English than my Italian and were happy to talk to us about the Grand Prix the bar was well stocked, though the Peroni was a bit expensive! Lovely grounds to relax and enjoy the weather, all in all a wonderful experience. Can't wait to go back

Room Tip: No issues with any of the rooms from my experience, the hotel is situated in it's own grounds.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I would scale the hotel as average. It is very dated and far from central Milan. Breakfast is buffet style nothing to exciting (coffee is good, but it is italy). Staff can be a little slow at times and forget to bring items ordered or mix up your orders. (I ordered an Orange Juice and got a sparkling wine)

The major downside for me was the internet access, it is charged at 10 Eur for a day and is very slow and unreliable which while on business is a real pain!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business