All reviewslovely hotelmediolanum forumlovely groundswould definitely stay here againcab ridefree wifino doubtstaying at this hotelscrambled eggsmini bardecent hotelbusiness tripone night staycomfortable bedvisit milanconcertmetro
Reviewed April 28, 2012

Undoubtedly the best possible choice of accommodation for events at the Mediolanum Forum. There is a pedestrian entrance for the hotel which makes the walk to and from the Forum just a few minutes. The Metro station for trains to Milan is just a short further walk over the footbridge, and a little further on is a covered shopping centre.Staff are quite friendly, room was exceptionally quiet, bed comfortable, used our data plan instead of the hotel internet which really should be free. Restaurant food was quite bland, unexciting and lukewarm - we complained. Underground garage worth using even at 15 euros per night - very secure. Overall a pleasant stay despite the disappointing food, the sleep quality and location both made up for it.

Room Tip: We had a mini-suite on the 4th floor, which was a reasonable size and extremely quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2011

Unless you have to stay in the heart of Milan, then this should be your destination. Especially if you're going to see an event at the Mediolanum Forum just behind the hotel. Very convenient access via the Metro. Plus there's a huge shopping center on the other side of the Super-Strada that has everything. The accommodations were excellent and the staff was top-notch as well. There is a nice bar/lounge area and they had a happy hour that had a very nice spread of assorted pastas, pizzas, and other appetizers. I did not eat at the restaurant at the hotel, so I can't comment on that, however the room was open and inviting. The Metro is easy to use and gets you everywhere in Milan. The hotel is literally a 5 minute walk from the station. The even have a pedestrian access gate that the front desk can buzz you in from. Considering the costs and conditions of some of the hotels I have seen, I thought that the Royal Garden was definitely worth the extra mile...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Rocky C
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed there for a few days due to business conference.
Hotel is located outside of Milano, which is it's disadvantage, however connection to Milano downtown with metro is excellent, Metro station is 5 minutes walk from the hotel.
Breakfast is rather poor, and needs big improvement. Because I do not eat pork- I was eating eggs for a 3 days in a row.even with pork, selection of foods is very poor.
They have nice bar in the hotel, but unfortunately during my stay it was almost always empty of guests.
Rooms have acceptable design, and cleaniness is on top level. Internet connection in my room was not so good, and dissadvantage is also that you have to take the password at the reception. Channel selection is something that really needs to be improved (only 13 or 15 channels, almost all in Italian), and TV set did not have english instructions.

Nevertheless, positive expirience from RG.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank electroace
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I was looking on the internet for the accommodation nearby Mediolanum Forum at Assago, Milan for one night stay following the Roger Waters concert "The Wall". I came across this nice hotel that is conveniently (and most likely on purpose) located some 100 meters(!) from the venue itself. The hotel is modern 4* building that has got everything one might wish for the brief stay.
It was fairly priced(110 GBP BB) and it offered value for money considering the area and country. Rooms are spacious and nicely furnished, bathroom of very good standard (expected though for that level of price and category)The internet is wireless and it did not work very well in our room, but I did not want to make big fuss about it. Tv had also some problems with reception and I did not like that to much considering I was relaxing with intention to watch Wimbledon final. I don't know whether this is an inherent problem, or one off, but did not investigate further. Hotel staff has arranged a late night snack after the concert. The breakfast was of standard quality, nothing to complain. All in all, a placce to recommend if you're attending any event at Mediolanum Forum. One tip though: It is advisable to book well in advance if the major event takes place at the Forum.

Room Tip: Do not hesitate to request to change a room if TV or Net is of poor quality!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Medobrunda
giadamonrif, Ufficio Commerciale at Royal Garden Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2011

Thank you for your review about Royal Garden Hotel.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and apologize for the problems you had with the internet connection and tv reception.

We suppose there were line problems that day, but we'll check to be sure this won't happen again.
Thank you for informing us, to give us the chance to investigate about this inefficiency.

We hope to have you again as our guest in occasion of a new event at the Mediolanum Forum, or a trip to Italy.

Best regards.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

I recently stayed here for 2 nights while in Milan.

The reason for staying so far from the city centre is to be close to the office for meetings. My colleagues recommended it (I usually stay at one of the other 2 hotels which are a little closer to the office).

This one is set across the road, but does have a shuttle service which runs every half an hour, or you can walk for 10 minutes and get to the shops and the office which are nearby.

First impressions: more of a hotel than the others, it has a slightly more traditional Italian feel about it. Nice gardens, and friendly and helpful staff. As it summer time the outdoor areas are very pleasant and a welcome break from the demands of a hectic working day.

Rooms are fair; very clean, comfortable, and a wide choice of TV channels.

Breakfast choice is a bit limited but the cappuccino is good so that’s half the battle for an Italian breakfast!

I ate here one night and the food was generally of a reasonable standard and not too overpriced, the wine was also of good quality and reasonably priced.

I will probably stay here again next time I am in town and see how it compares.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

thank you for your comments about your stay in Royal Garden Hotel.

We are pleased that you appreciate our hotel and the services we offer.

Even though during the summer you can use the garden outside, we can assure you that even in the cold season you feel a very similar atmosphere, due to the huge glass walls that surround the restaurant.

We look forward to meeting you again as our guest as soon as your job will bring you back to Milan.

Best regards.