Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
White Hart Hotel(Dorchester-on-Thames)
George Hotel Dorchester-on-Thames(Dorchester-on-Thames)
View Hotel
All reviewstable tablepetrol stationgood nights sleepcosta coffeemilton parkattached restaurantrestaurant next doorfamily roombudget hotelcar parkusual standardplenty of parkingroom was spotlesscomfortable staymeal dealexcellent staynight's sleep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Only stayed for a one night stop over, however I found the staff helpful cheery and polite. The rooms were nice, big and clean. Location wise pretty easy to find also. My only down side the corridors were a bit creaky, and typically someone always walked down them just as you were nodding off!
However overall I had no problems what so ever, a short and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Manager O, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

Thank you for your feedback.

I am glad that on the whole you had a enjoyable stay, however, our Property department are looking into the creaky floorboards.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sally Muttitt

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have stayed in Premier Inns before and this one differs little as you would expect. The purpose of our visit was a family reunion based around the Oxford area. Driving up from Plymouth this hotel is easily reached just off the M4. Its handy for Oxfords park and ride and the vale of the White Horse. The bedrooms are clean comfortable and roomy just like all the others I have stayed in and thats the attraction. The downside of this Premier Inn is the restaurant. The food is just not as good as the others. Not a patch on the one I stayed at in London last May and definitely not a patch on their Liskeard restaurant. We ate here the first night of our stay for convenience and we where just glad that the area has many good Inns after an unsatisfactory meal. The fish was dry and grey, the spare ribs where just ok but I couldn't eat the chips or the congealed beans. The rest of my families food was no better. We decided to finish off with liquor coffees, big mistake. The squirty cream disappeared in seconds to leave a very harsh unpleasant flat brown coffee. Needless to say we didn't risk breakfast. The food is pricy for what it is so you would expect it to be of a good standard. This place is good for a comfortable stay and the staff are pleasant but avoid the food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Manager O, Front Office Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Good morning and thank you for review.

We have recently completed a full refurbishment of our rooms, and glad that you found them clean and comfortable. We are in a great location just off the A34 ideal for a stop off on a long journey or for walking the The Ridgeway.

I have passed your comments to the Restaurant Manager as we obviously want everyone to have a great experience whilst staying at the Premier Inn and also eating in the restaurant.

Thank you again for your feedback, and hope that you will visit Oxford South Premier Inn in the future.

Sally Muttitt

I

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I had to stay in this hotel for work (nights), and whilst the room was clean and fairly quiet whenever someone was walking in the room upstairs the creaking was loud enough to wake me up. They also do not do late check outs, which is a pain, and there are no shaver sockets in the room - why?

The front desk staff were fairly friendly and helpful though.

Room Tip: Go upstairs I suspect it'll be quiter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Baldipaul
Manager O, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

Good Morning and thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

Oxford South (Didcot) is a very busy hotel with most days having full occupancy. This does mean that we cannot offer a late check out as the we have only got from 12noon until 2pm to get all our rooms ready for our next guests.
When you checked in we should have arranged for you to be placed in a room on the first floor in a corner. This would have reduced any noise from other rooms or from the corridors. I have retrained the reception team to manage where we allocate night workers following your comments.
As part of our complete refurbishment of the rooms a few months ago, we removed all shaver sockets from the bathrooms. We do offer shaver adapters at reception so should not cause any issues, but again thank you for your feedback.

We aim to deliver a great stay to all our guests and I we have taken your comments to make things better for future stays.
Thanks again and we hope to see you again.

Andy Gelleburn
Cluster GM

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had a very short stay at here but everything was very pleasant! Staff were very helpful (Jola in particular!) and always had a smile on their faces! The rooms were nice, comfy and clean. Like one reviewer said below, there was a funky smell at the entrance in the morning...it was like a dirty mope was used on the floor. Other then that was a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Nickno7
Manager O, Manager at Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Good Morning and thank you for your review.

I am pleased you had a great stay with us and have personally thanked Jola for the positive impact she is having on our guests.

The aroma between reception and the restaurant has been identified and removed. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Thanks again for the feedback and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Andy Gelleburn
Cluster GM

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The reception staff on arrival were lovely and very accommodating. The room was clean and well maintained, although the view of the dustbins wasn't great. Staff from the hotel also used this area for smoking. Overall the hotel was ok.
The evening meal in the restaurant was a bit of a nightmare. The starter was good, but all went a downhill from there. I choose the chicken, which when it came was cold and tasted like it had been cooked previously and just warmed through. I asked for it to be cooked more when it came back it was even colder. I was made to feel like I was just complaining to get a free meal, all I wanted was hot food, cooked freshly. Breakfast was generally good but we got forgotten about with the cooked breakfast order.
Overall good hotel let down by poor meal.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Whitbread-77, Laura Gibbins-Social Media at Premier Inn Oxford South (Didcot) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to hear that our hotel met your expectations. Please accept my apologies for the poor service you received in the restaurant.

Your comments regarding this have been duly noted and will be followed up with the Management Team at the hotel.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.