“McCarthy Bistro” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Restaurants in McCarthy
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant of the McCarthy Lodge.
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“McCarthy Bistro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

This review is for the bistro, which is located next door to the Saloon, and across the road from McCarthy lodge. My husband and I both enjoyed the meals we ordered. He ordered the Copper River salmon, and I ordered the sable fish. Both were fresh, and delicious. The only complaints we have are that the vegetables and the sauce that came with my sable fish were extremely salty and almost inedible, and the pork belly appetizer was not good enough to warrant the price. We would forgo it next time. Overall, the food was delicious, and we would recommend it, especially if you want a finer dining experience way out in McCarthy!

Also, as an added note, they very kindly offered to prepare a vegetarian meal for me when I mentioned that I was vegetarian. I decided to try the fish although I never usually eat seafood, since I figured it was possibly once in a lifetime. Another tip is that the operate off of reservations, so you should call prior to arriving.

Visited June 2012

Oregon
“Gourmet delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Food was good, presentation was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful, good menu choices -- we highly recommend it.

Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York
“Most Memorable Meal of our Honeymoon!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

From start to finish the meal was amazing. Beer/wine selection, appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert. Tiny town with the most wonderful restaurant. We were so excited to eat our meal and were not disappointed. The saloon next door offers cheaper choices but same quality. But if you are looking for a memorable dining experience, do not pass on this opportunity. Worth the trip to McCarthy just for the food.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edmonton, Canada
“Fine dining 350+ miles "from nowhere"?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Wow, it was delicious! One of the best "fine dining" experiences we have had! The menu was varied and with local seafood included. There were five in our family and we all tried something different. The champagne, wine and the meals were attractively presented and the service by Glen was excellent. What a surprise to see a sparkler covered 70th birthday cake arrive for my husband and me at our table at the end of the meal. The decadent ice cream cake was made "from scratch" by Toby. Thank you so much Toby! You obviously spent a lot of time preparing this elaborately decorated and delicious tasting cake.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank PosyDot
Columbus, Ohio
“Jewel in the middleofnowhere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

This restaurant was amazing-an interesting menu, gourmet salads, appetizers, and entrees, and the best part, completely unexpected, in the middle of nowhere! I have no idea how such an amazing restaurant manages to function in this area, but that just adds to the allure! I absolutely recommend this place!

Visited August 2012