Review Highlights
Every tour was fantastic

We went on three tours in early September and every guide was fantastic! We started with the... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Care1990
Highly Recommend

Phenomenal time with our guide on the glacier hike. He was very knowledgeable, fun, and... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ColoradoHikerRMB

All reviews glacier hike ice climbing root glacier copper mine town tour full day tour backpacking trip blue pool power plant hot chocolate great job making sure amazing glacier an adventure top notch crampons half
Selected filters
Reviewed August 4, 2020 via mobile

Can't plan the weather and boy did it rain ... but our guide, Gus was great. Booked a private all day glacier tour so we could hike and photograph the glaciers at our own pace. Glacier hikes happen rain or shine and even though the weather left something to be desired Gus's positive attitude along with his expertise made our day special.

Date of experience: August 2020
AlpineAnya, Owner at St. Elias Alpine Guides, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

Thank you for the review, we’re so glad you enjoyed your day despite the classic Alaskan rain. Gus’s stoke is hard to match when he’s guiding on the glacier and you’re fortunate to have experienced it!
If you have any additional feedback feel free to send it our way - info@steliasguides.com

Reviewed August 2, 2020 via mobile

Gus and Harrison are top notch. Great job taking care of Carolina and I and making sure we got the tour we wanted. And thanks for fixing my hat Harrison!!! Great tours and great fun!!! See you soon for ice climbing and cave exploration.

Date of experience: August 2020
1  Thank JerryT127

Thank you for the review, we’re so glad you enjoyed your trips with Gus and Harrison! We look forward to sharing more adventures on the ice with you!

Reviewed July 28, 2020 via mobile

We had an amazing ice climbing adventure. Our guide was outstanding, patient and talented. This was a surprise for my sweethearts 48th birthday and everyone at the office was sure to say happy birthday to him they made it all very special. I highly recommend this adventure and this very knowledgeable and professional company.

Date of experience: July 2020

Thank you for the kind review, we’re so glad we could help make it a special birthday! Ice climbing is always a great day and our guides do a great job making it a highlight.

Reviewed July 26, 2020

I had the pleasure of utilizing St. Elias Alpine guides over a 6 day period, which would not have been the same experience without them. From the mine tour with Tica to a glacier guide outing with Tristan and passing of other guides on day and overnight tours it was incredible. I highly recommend using them as a constant resource while in McCarthy and Kennicot.

Date of experience: July 2020
AlpineAnya, Owner at St. Elias Alpine Guides, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2020

Hey Jdog,
Thanks for joining us this summer on multiple activities!
We've been in the area longer than anyone else and are here to share our expertise with you! From History Tours to Glacier Hikes, Ice Climbing to Backpacking, Mountaineering and Paddling adventures - we're here to show you the best of Wrangell - St. Elias!
Sounds like you did it right and enjoyed the variety of your 6-day stay!
If you'd like to share any more feedback with us, we're all ears at info@steliasguides.com

Reviewed July 19, 2020

I was on the same trip as Ed (see below) and it was simply brilliant. We had started working on our 10 day mountaineering trip into the Wrangell St Elias range since last summer. Anya is an excellent communicator and through calls and much email she made it happen, Covid complications notwithstanding. The attention to detail was astonishing: I had mentioned that we like a little whisky after a hard (or a not so hard) day on the ice. To my great surprise and much joy, Dave, our lead guide pulled out a bottle of single malt in the kitchen tent one evening! And, on top of that, my semi-joking mention of liking African coffee beans ended up as real in our generous French press every morning!! I should also mention the birthday cheese cake for my son's 23rd, the excellent pizza and the incomparable Denali sandwiches! I haven't said anything about our beautiful perch on a stretch of glacier between the Bagley Icefield and the Jefferies Glacier - unexplored, unclimbed, unspoiled - we felt so privileged to be there. Every day was different; we climbed to amazing views of Mt Logan, we practiced self arrest, crevasse rescue, finding buried avalanche transceivers, we ice climbed, rappelled, did lots of French technique (ooh-la-la), and learned the different meanings of High and Low Napoleon - check the SEAG video on Kiwi coils for one meaning. A final word on the sauna we had when we returned to the Power House - THAT'S the way to end a trip!! So thanks to our guides, Dave and Harrison for making the learning and climbing so much fun, and to Anya and Bryan for getting us there! I'll be back, just try and stop me.

Date of experience: June 2020

Stephan,
Thank so much for such a spectacular review!
Your trip meant so much to us, as most of our mountaineering season got cancelled this year due to COVID complications, we were beyond psyched to be able to get you out there!! Not to mention all the significance of you joining us again after all these years, and bringing your son and close friends with you! You got the see the company in its youth and now, about 20 years later - so mature, right?! ;) Having been around for so long has taught us a thing or two about adventures of a lifetime! I hope the pristine, snowy wilderness of the Chugach Mountain will continue to inspire you for years to come!
Can't wait to up the ante on your next visit!!