Review Highlights
Excellent tour of the Kennecott mines and the concentration mill.

Super interesting tour of the Kennecott mines with Leah. Very knowledgeable and friendly guide... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
FredericL788
Bethesda, Maryland
via mobile
Great Root Glacier experience

Kelsey, you were awesome. Nice paced hike to the glacier. She tempted a few of us to do the blue... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
boilerbc
Harrisonburg, Virginia
via mobile

All reviews glacier hike ice climbing root glacier town tour copper mine great tour st elias full day hike backpacking trip small group blue pool hot chocolate glacier water copper mining bush plane unique experience national park
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2020 via mobile

We had an amazing ice climbing adventure. Our guide was outstanding, patient and talented. This was a surprise for my sweethearts 48th birthday and everyone at the office was sure to say happy birthday to him they made it all very special. I highly recommend this adventure and this very knowledgeable and professional company.

Date of experience: July 2020
AlpineAnya, Owner at St. Elias Alpine Guides, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2020

Thank you for the kind review, we’re so glad we could help make it a special birthday! Ice climbing is always a great day and our guides do a great job making it a highlight.
If you have any additional feedback feel free to send it our way - info@steliasguides.com

Reviewed July 26, 2020

I had the pleasure of utilizing St. Elias Alpine guides over a 6 day period, which would not have been the same experience without them. From the mine tour with Tica to a glacier guide outing with Tristan and passing of other guides on day and overnight tours it was incredible. I highly recommend using them as a constant resource while in McCarthy and Kennicot.

Date of experience: July 2020
AlpineAnya, Owner at St. Elias Alpine Guides, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2020

Hey Jdog,
Thanks for joining us this summer on multiple activities!
We've been in the area longer than anyone else and are here to share our expertise with you! From History Tours to Glacier Hikes, Ice Climbing to Backpacking, Mountaineering and Paddling adventures - we're here to show you the best of Wrangell - St. Elias!
Sounds like you did it right and enjoyed the variety of your 6-day stay!
If you'd like to share any more feedback with us, we're all ears at info@steliasguides.com

Reviewed July 19, 2020

I was on the same trip as Ed (see below) and it was simply brilliant. We had started working on our 10 day mountaineering trip into the Wrangell St Elias range since last summer. Anya is an excellent communicator and through calls and much email she made it happen, Covid complications notwithstanding. The attention to detail was astonishing: I had mentioned that we like a little whisky after a hard (or a not so hard) day on the ice. To my great surprise and much joy, Dave, our lead guide pulled out a bottle of single malt in the kitchen tent one evening! And, on top of that, my semi-joking mention of liking African coffee beans ended up as real in our generous French press every morning!! I should also mention the birthday cheese cake for my son's 23rd, the excellent pizza and the incomparable Denali sandwiches! I haven't said anything about our beautiful perch on a stretch of glacier between the Bagley Icefield and the Jefferies Glacier - unexplored, unclimbed, unspoiled - we felt so privileged to be there. Every day was different; we climbed to amazing views of Mt Logan, we practiced self arrest, crevasse rescue, finding buried avalanche transceivers, we ice climbed, rappelled, did lots of French technique (ooh-la-la), and learned the different meanings of High and Low Napoleon - check the SEAG video on Kiwi coils for one meaning. A final word on the sauna we had when we returned to the Power House - THAT'S the way to end a trip!! So thanks to our guides, Dave and Harrison for making the learning and climbing so much fun, and to Anya and Bryan for getting us there! I'll be back, just try and stop me.

Date of experience: June 2020

Stephan,
Thank so much for such a spectacular review!
Your trip meant so much to us, as most of our mountaineering season got cancelled this year due to COVID complications, we were beyond psyched to be able to get you out there!! Not to mention all the significance of you joining us again after all these years, and bringing your son and close friends with you! You got the see the company in its youth and now, about 20 years later - so mature, right?! ;) Having been around for so long has taught us a thing or two about adventures of a lifetime! I hope the pristine, snowy wilderness of the Chugach Mountain will continue to inspire you for years to come!
Can't wait to up the ante on your next visit!!

Reviewed July 16, 2020

I am a 65 year old guy with a bad knee but I did it!!! This is Before I Die bucket list worthy! Shout out to Eli for a very personable and professional experience. He went above and beyond my expectations when he broke out his medical kit to bandage and tape my heels to prevent blisters while we were on the Glacier. He was constantly checking with us to make sure we were comfortable with the pace. Safety was top priority for him. All in all it was one the most fulfilling experiences in my life! P.S. Loved the Hot Chocolate... Your Swiss Miss was quite the hit!

Date of experience: July 2020

Thank you for the great review, we’re honored to be a part of your bucket list worthy trips! We’re so glad Eli was a part of your experience to make it come true, you show that bad knee who’s boss!

Reviewed July 14, 2020 via mobile

This was my second time interacting with SEAG and I was blown out of the water. We did a full day glacier hike with our 5 and 3yo and had an amazing time! Anna was incredible and impressed me with her confidence and competence!
I’ve seen a few glaciers and Root is by far the most interesting! Take this trip! You won’t regret it!

Date of experience: July 2020

Thank you for the review, we’re so glad you had such a great experience! Anna had an awesome day with you all as well, she is truly in her element on our Root glacier!