Review Highlights
Copper River Rafting Trip

Spent a week on the river with Sarah, Robin, Haley and Lindsay. They were very knowledgeable about... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2019
johnk262144
One day copper Oar Rafting Trip

Fantastic one day rafting journey out of McCarthy with Copper Oar after returning from the five day... read more

Reviewed August 27, 2018
Mike0829
Boston, Massachusetts

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Rafting the Copper River with Copper Oar rafting company was a great experience. Lots of fun and challenges. Juniper Rose was my guide and did a great job rowing us down the river, preparing great meals and pointing out interesting facts I wouldn’t have even known to ask about. Scott the head boatman was knowledgeable and also a great guide. We saw Eagles and bears at a safe distance and lots of seals. It was an awesome trip.

Date of experience: July 2018
1  Thank Wildriverrose
Reviewed July 22, 2018

I injured my knee at the airport on my way to Alaska so I was limited in my activities. My wife had booked us for a rafting trip with Copper Oar and I decided to gimp my way there. Believe me, I'm glad I did it. We rafted over three rivers and most time is was quiet but we did hit some rapids including one that soaked me completely (the highlight of the trip). We had a great rower in Nick Prete. He took us over the toughest of rapids with ease and was very knowledgeable about the rivers, Alaska in general and rowing which he has done all over the river. My brother-in-law Bill, born on April 1, is called Bad Joke Billy and he and Nick had everyone laughing with their "jokes."
We stopped on shore for a great lunch midway through the journey provided by Nick and Sarah. When we were done, the journey provided a ride on a small plane back to where we were staying (Kennicott Glacier Lodge). Pilot Bill took us over the glaciers and we went over our route on the raft. That was exciting, too. Would go it again in a heart beat.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018

Copper Oar helped seriously subsidize our fly-in raft trip for our non-profit Brooklyn to Alaska! Not only did they work with us financially, but they went out of their way to help provide a top-notch wilderness trip for girls from the inner city that could not normally afford this trip. All of the leaders and participants felt safe and had the time of their lives! I can't say enough for Gaia and her crew. AMAZING!!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Kristin G
Reviewed October 5, 2017

This was such a great trip, made extra special with the addition of a resident naturalist who came along with us on the journey. He answered thoroughly every question about each rock, tree, cliff formation, and critter that we asked him about. All the river guides were helpful as well as proficient in their paddling skills. The owner was thoughtful in contacting us ahead of time to see if we could adjust our starting & ending times. The midday meal was delicious. The weather was perfect. The flight back was spectacular. The company on the trip was phenomenal. Everything about the day that was planned for us was pretty much perfect. Money well spent on a trip I'll never forget!

Date of experience: June 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank dithmerea
Reviewed August 18, 2017

I took a one week rafting trip down the copper river with my wife. Copper Oar did a fantastic job and arranged everything from travel to McCarthy, Lodging before and after the trip, wonderful guides and great food. If you want to see Alaska (Glaciers, Mountain Vistas, Bald Eagles, Grizzly Bears) - I highly recommend this float. Plan on doing it again when my daughter is around 10 to 13 years old.

Date of experience: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
GaiaM, Owner at Copper Oar Rafting Day Trip, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2017

Thanks Christian! Great to have you guys and we look forward to your return!
Gaia