Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Burton A38 Northbound(Barton under Needwood)
Riverside Hotel(Branston)
View Hotel
Boars Head Hotel(Draycott in the Clay)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Grail Court Hotel(Burton upon Trent)
1,552 results
All reviewsst george's parklovely hotelexecutive roomfootball teamalton towerssky sportsexcellent facilitiesbar areaspa facilitiesfantastic staysteam roomfood was lovelysofa bedstayed for one nightplenty of parkingengland footballbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Very friendly staff, excellent breakfast, fantastic property with gorgeous in-door swimming-pool.

Located in St. Georges Park, which is a training ground for football clubs and their trainers. Small airstrip alongside the hotel, but had no noise complaints at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear chv74

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at the Hilton at St George's Park to relax after the Adidas 24 hour Thunder Run. The greeting at reception was excellent, all the staff at the hotel were pleasant and attentive. The facilities are also excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Dear James M

Great review thank you so much.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

Lovely hotel, nice staff, good food but there were visible fleas/bedbugs in the bed and I have come back covered in really horrible itchy bites!!! I wouldn't have put this review on here had you actually answered the phone on the six occasions I tried to call you about this!! There is also no email address I could see to contact you. So I am afraid it is tripadvisor. Not impressed!

Room Tip: One without fleas!
Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Busymum7DevonUK

Dear Busymum7DevonUK

Thank you for taking the time to post your experience following your stay.

As you are aware, Hilton at St George’s Park is located in the countryside surrounded by lakes and wooded areas, we do discourage our guests to open the windows in the summer months, as this does allow the mosquitoes to enter the room.

I am sorry to hear that you were unable to contact the hotel directly, please could I ask that you contact me at greg.crawford@hilton.com in order to investigate the matter fully.

Kind regards

Greg Crawford

Reviewed July 26, 2014

As you enter the hotel its very clean and looks very impressive.
It was 25+ degrees and to hot to sleep in the room what made It worse was our air con didn't seem to do anything. (if you read the reviews other people have had the same issues) I asked for a fan and was told the hotel has them but they don't know where they are!? not the answer I was expecting.
A member of staff went up in the roof to check the air con system came back down to our room and it started working although he said he didn't do anything?
The next thing was the TV kept turning itself off and when it did stay on it was so quiet you couldn't hear it. Someone else came up this time to look at it he managed to turn the sound up with a master remote control but couldn't do anything about it turning off every 10mins!
instead of offering to change our room he said there was nothing he could do. not the service you expect from Hilton. Ive stayed in Travelodges before and have been moved rooms because of tv problems or heating problems.
We complained again the next morning and got a £2.90 can of coke we had from the mini bar taken off our bill which again I thought was poor due to the problems with the room we had.

As we were leaving about 3 rooms down from ours there was a store room that a maintence guy was in and I noticed atleast 4 fans stacked up!

overall a lovely hotel but staff didn't seem to care enough to us to another room or atleast look for a fan.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lukec984108
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Lukec984108

Thank you for sharing your experience following your recent stay with us.

I was sorry to hear of the issues you experienced during your stay, with regards to the air conditioning in your room, I understand our Assistant Front Office Manager who spoke to you on the evening explained that the window in the room would need to be closed for the air conditioning to work. Please accept my sincere apologies and for the inconvenience caused, if you would like to discuss this matter further, please do not hesitate to contact me at greg.crawford@hilton.com

Kind regards

Greg Crawford

Reviewed July 20, 2014

4th visit and as good as ever!

Ours was party of 10 as a surprise for my niece's 30th birthday. A keen football fan & always wanted to stay so was totally overwhelmed as the surprise unfolded. We had an overnight executive room spa package. We all loved our treatments & came out relaxed & refreshed. We also spent a lovely two hours in the swimming pool/sauna/jacuzzi etc.

Check in was smooth & painless & my niece was so pleased to have a complimentary bottle of champagne & birthday card in her room, what a lovely gesture.

The evening celebrations started in the executive lounge with complimentary drinks & canapés, very civilised indeed, lovely to sit with family & friends and chat. We then went for dinner in the restaurant again another lovely gesture of balloons on the table. A sumptuous breakfast the next morning ended a perfect weekend!

The hotel is large & spacious with lovely views particularly from the dining room, it never felt crowded despite the receptionist saying the hotel was busy! Everyone in our party had only compliments to say & I think we'll be back soon.
Thank you everyone, you all made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: Any of the executive rooms are lovely, comfortable, clean & well maintained but an upgrade to the Kevin Keegan suite spoiled us last time so we just had to book it again.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
General_Manager-GC, General Manager at Hilton at St George's Park, Burton upon Trent, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Dear Wend_Mike_Midlands

Great review thank you so much, it’s so nice to hear that your niece enjoyed her surprise birthday celebration and that we helped make your stay a special and memorable one.

We hope to welcome you back to Hilton St George’s Park for a 5th visit.