“How Can Anyone Complain?”

Sou-Wester Gift & Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2012

First of all, you're in Peggy's Cove - for some, a once in a lifetime experience, for others a check off on your bucket list (maybe that's the same thing)!

Today was a great day to visit. It was just an amazing day. It was very windy which just added to the adventure and the experience. I really thought I might be swept off off those rocks!

Couldn't miss a meal in the area so was thrilled to stop at the Sou-Wester and enjoy their Seafood Chowder while enjoying the views. It was good. It included a whole lobster claw which I saved until the end. The waitress that I had was just lovely and provided excellent service. I wish I knew her name so i could give her a shout out!

All in all, an excellent experience that cannot be replaced. I missed the sunset but the views were amazing nonetheless.

I heard someone saying that October was their busiest month given all the cruise ships that are in Halifax. There certainly were hundreds of people there when I was there which just added to the attraction and several buses. It was fun!

1  Thank SunSeeker37

Reviewed October 11, 2012

The restaurant was very busy due to a cruise ship being in port. Therefore the service was very slow. The food was good and the gift shop has many items to choose from.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Food was good price, portions and tasty. People were very helpful, warm and welcoming! Clean restaurant.

Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Visited Halifax and decided to visit the beautiful Peggy's Cove in the early evening.

The sunset was stunning but hunger drove us to stay for dinner at the Sou-Wester.

We ordered the obligatory chowder which arrived nice and hot. Flavours were spot on.

The restaurant is located within the gift shop but still has its own charm.

1  Thank TolouseKytzia
Reviewed September 23, 2012

I go to this place primarily for the gingerbread and ice cream. I have tried numerous items from the menu and all have been reliable but this dessert has my mouth watering as I type this review.... I just have to think about it and I want some! The view from any seat is great and even if there is a wait, it is not too long and it is well worth it. The staff are friendly and leave nothing to be desired. If you haven't gone, when you do... you will be "hooked"....