Book In Advance
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

2,466 results
All reviews on the rocks light house fishing village nova scotia tour buses waves crashing gift shop swiss air visitor center s cove beautiful spot natural beauty lobster worth the trip taking pictures the atlantic ocean the east coast
Reviewed yesterday

So iconic! you must take the time to visit and stand on the rocks of the lighthouse. we were very lucky to arrive just after a large tour bus and slightly before the next one. We were able to get pictures with absolutely no one in the frame! the gift shop has so many great items for souvenirs to take home to family and friends.

Reviewed 2 days ago

We drove to Halifax to Peggy's Cove the drive along the way itself was amazing, the sights are beautiful and Peggy's Cove is most definitely worth the drive. This is a major tourist attraction in Halifax and should be seen by everyone traveling through Halifax.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

No matter how often I have seen it in the past, it is always breathtaking to drive to and walk around Peggy's Cove. No trip to Nova Scotia is complete without it.

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

It was unseasonably warm when we went, causing lots of fog and mist. We could barely see the lighthouse when we got there. Just the rocks and the ocean smashing up against them were cool. We found the humor in the eating and caution signs stating that many who were too adventurous and ignored the warning are no longer with us. Finally, the fog cleared and we saw that the lighthouse is truly breathtaking. Worth the trip from Halifax.

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We drove from Halifax to Peggy’s Cove (about 45min.) for a sunrise in June and it was probably the best time to go if you want the lighthouse all to yourself. When we arrived there shortly before 5am, there was only a couple of other photographers there taking photos. I had all the time I wanted to explore the grounds without having anyone in my photos. The crowds didn’t start to come until after 9am, and the tour buses didn’t arrive until around 10am.

The restaurant/gift shop by the lighthouse didn’t open until around 8:30am so I took a stroll around the village area and had that place all to myself too. If you’re keen on getting pictures of the place and village without tourists, the early morning is a great time to go. Just remember there’s no bathrooms until the restaurant opens! The food I had at the restaurant (pictured) was pretty good as well.

The lighthouse is perched atop a rocky area that has walking paths leading to it. It’s a picturesque lighthouse that is made even more beautiful by the accompanying backdrop. I loved the view of the shoreline looking back towards the village area. Seeing the dotted houses far away against the rising sun is just stunning.

Take your time and admire the beauty of not just the lighthouse but the surrounding area too. I highly recommend this place!

Reviewed 4 days ago

Visiting the fishing village of Peggy's Cove and the historic Lighthouse there was one of the high points of our cruise starting in Montreal and ending in Tampa, Fl. Classic and stunning scenery here of the Atlantic Ocean and the rock bound coast. We took a cab from the cruise ship pier (half hour drive) and then stopped on the way back to the ship for some marvelous fish and chips at Fredies Fantastic Fish House in Halifax.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

....I have chosen to write about my favorite lighthouse in the world! I loved it as a kid! I loved it even more on this last trip here! When I knew that we would be in Nova Scotia, a trip to Peggy's Cove was a no-brainer.

Peggy's Point Lighthouse was built in 1915. This striking red and white lighthouse stands atop a granite outcrop in beautiful Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia, Canada. There is just something about it that attracts tons of visitors year after year. Many folks say that it is the most photographed lighthouse in the world. I also heard that (back in the day) during Summer months, you could mail your postcards here. Apparently, the ground floor of the tower was a post office which would have made it the only lighthouse post office in North America.

Despite the crowds of people, I still feel a sense of peacefulness, solitude, and calm whenever I am here. Honestly, I do not know why I find this lighthouse so appealing. It just simply is. A word of warning. Be careful when you visit. The seas can be deceivingly rough. People fall into the water from time to time. As one of the warning signs says "Injury and death have rewarded careless sight-seers here. The oceans and rocks are treacherous. Savor the sea from a distance." So, Please be very careful!

Peggy's Point Lighthouse will always hold a special place in my heart!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

Good stop over in a quaint area. Carved granite wall is quite impressive. Not much foliage mostly smooth rock

Reviewed 1 week ago

I love Peggy's Cove. If you are a lighthouse chaser or photographer you need to see this one. The rocks and ocean are amazing too. There is a great gift shop and restaurant right there too. Dress warm because it can be a bit breezy.

Reviewed 1 week ago

The day we went was rather blustery, but I'm glad we did. The rocks surrounding the lighthouse are amazing. You feel like an ant walking on them, they are so huge. The views from them are great, too. There wasn't much open in the end of October, but it was worth the drive from our resort. If it had been a nice summer's day, I can see picnicking on the rocks.