Stayed at Breezes Panama for 10 days in January 2010 and decided to upgrade to a beachfront suite. First and foremost, paying the extra to upgrade to the suite was a great idea, we walked out on the patio and the beach was right there.
Pros: New facility, room was extremely large (especially for a resort), pools were very well kept, ocean water was very good considering it's the Pacific (high and low tide are drastically different), bar service was excellent (especially poolside bartender, Walter), buffet food varied from day-to-day, housekeeping was EXCELLENT!!!!! and room was thoroughly cleaned on a daily basis to high standards, excellent strip of beach to walk on and a short walk will produce being able to see the locals fishing and a small "village" directly off the beach.
Cons: the restaurants weren't all that good (being it was only open 3-3.5 months when we arrived, we figured they just haven't found their niche), Italian restaurant service was extremely poor, limited use of palapas on beach (you need to be up around 4-5AM to put something under one of them to reserve it, as they are usually all gone no later then 5AM), about a 1.5-2 hour drive from Panama Intl Airport.
We went on two tours while at the resort: Panama Canal tour of two lockes and visiting the local Indian tribe. Both tours were excellent, but if you don't like longer drives I wouldn't recommend either. The tour of the Canal was great as we were able to see some US/Panama history right before our eyes. The second tour was also good, but it did take a while to get to our destination. The visit to the waterfall on this tour is fun, but many people struggled with part of the hike as you had to climb up and down wet rocks to get to the falls.
Overall, the trip was a great success and the one thing I would highly recommend is paying the extra money for the Beachfront Suite!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort in Guias de Anton, Santa Clara, Panama is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort Panama/Santa Clara