1,896 results
All reviews sheraton bijao swim up bar piano bar panama city ocean view specialty restaurants all inclusives kids club the mediterranean restaurant nachos a la carte main buffet los olivos breakfast and lunch can walk for miles seafood water sports
Selected filters
Reviewed March 10, 2019

Just returned from our 6th trip to Sheraton Bijao. I guess the fact that it was our 6th time says a lot. With guaranteed hot, sunny weather this time of year, a clean extensive beach and great service why not?
There were no surprises, staff were friendly and helpful as usual. Some speak English better than others but they all try. There is no problem/trouble getting what you need – if they can't answer they will get someone who can. Please consider giving the odd tip – the staff works so hard, even a dollar makes a difference.
If you have special needs or dietary concerns call/email ahead of time. They are very accommodating. I am vegan and I have never had a problem (this year they even had vegan options on the Los Olivos a-la-cart menu).
There are so many staff that deserve a mention I can't name them all but a special shout-out to the following...
Eduardo – Usually found in the buffet Eduardo is very helpful and will answer all your questions. Helps ensure the buffet area runs like clockwork.
Carlos – Master chef at Sakura. Still works his magic and puts on a great show! A must see.
Vianka – wait staff. After the first day she remembers your drink orders at the buffet. She will approach you with the coffee pot or desired wine in hand. And before you ask she will tell you she's getting your water. My wife had a recent hip operation so she was hobbling a bit, Vianka saw her with her plate and took it for her, helped her down the stairs and took the plate to the table. What a true treasure Sheraton has in Vianka!
Daniel – Sheraton club and buffet. Very pleasant and always willing to help. Daniel is another one who went out of his way to help my wife on the stairs.
Jacqueline – housekeeping. Very helpful and will always make sure you get what you require. Another staff member who helped my wife in the hall when she had her hands full.
And last but definitely not least Jorge Mendez – manager. Wow, what can I say, always on top of things doing his rounds ensuring everything runs as expected. Very helpful. Went out of his way to greet us when we checked in.

As mentioned, the beach is amazing; clean and safe, you can walk for miles. If you're an early riser the sunrises are spectacular.

Would I go back? Yes, definitely. I hear complaints about service but I have never experienced bad service myself. Our two week stay was great value for the price. If you're looking for a 5 star hotel with butlers in tuxedos this isn't it. This is a comfortable hotel with a relaxed atmosphere which is what we are after.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank stevesmyrnad
AliciaM3560, Manager at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this great review and for mentioning all the staff members that helped create a memorable experience; what really separates us from other hotels in Panama is our staff. We have some of the most talented, caring, and passionate people around. I will be sure to forward your kind words to those you mentioned. It was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Warmest regards,

Alicia Martinez
QA Manager

Reviewed March 6, 2019

the price of the hotel Vs the level that you receive doesn´t make sense. as an example, one day the hotel collapsed without towels; other day food durng breakfast was not refiled after 9,30 am (schedule is until 10am). the japanese restaurant doesnt have options

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cancelon.com
AliciaM3560, Manager at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - All-Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We respect all feedback “Highs and Lows” and find it useful to help the hotel learn and improve. That is what this forum is for, to hear about the good points of your stay and the areas where we can refocus on our guest’s experience.

Best regards,

Alicia Martinez
QA Manager

Reviewed March 2, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located within a gated community directly on the beach.

The beach is nice and clean.

The rooms are clean too and the bed is comfortable.

Food and service are excellent and the value exceeds the price.

Of course there is music at the pool and an activities program, but it not that bothering to anyone who does not want to join it.

Overall the hotel seems a bit older and could use some renovation especially in the bathrooms but once again everything is clean and nice and well serviced.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank random_world_citizen
Reviewed February 28, 2019

My husband and I stayed at this resort for a week from Feb. 8 to 15, 2019. The hotel was very well looked after and check in was quite painless. The best part is that it is only 15 to 20 minutes from the airport by bus. It is a smaller resort so there are not as many restaurants or bars but that was perfect for us. We had dinner at both the a la carte restaurants and they were very good. The Japanese was cool because they cooked your food right at the table on the teppanyaki grills. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds that I have slept on in a hotel. The rooms were very clean. The food at the buffet was good and there was always something to eat no matter how picky you are and I am a picky eater. The beach was not the prettiest but it was a nice beach which actually had lifeguards. There could have been more palapas on the beach if I was to have a complaint. Even though the resort looked really busy you never had to wait long at any of the bars for a drink. If I were coming back to Panama I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this resort.

2  Thank JeanetteGraham67
Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

Stay was very good. Clean hotel. Food and staff were good. Fantastic beach. You can walk for miles. No others on the beach. Hotel became busy Fri-Sun with locals but no concerns. Only issue was hotel not having rentals they advertised as part of available activities. Weather is amazing in dry season. 2 hour drive from PTY. Prearranged round trip shuttle through Panama Travel. They were fantastic. Highly recommend them. Other vacation packages fly directly into other airport 20 minutes from hotel.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple