So I'll start by saying, it's no Sheraton--by American standards--I was well aware of this when we booked, which is why I still give it 4 stars. Here's the thing--it's an all inclusive 2 hours from the capital on the coast, in Panama. Overall the resort and grounds are in pretty good shape. The restaurants are meh, the buffet food, was okay to meh, but the little pizza bar was always a good snack. The room was average, but we had a great view of the beach and pools form our 4th floor suite. The bed was very comfortable, but the room was really just for sleeping. Our safe was broken upon arrival--but was fixed after we called the front desk. There was free wi-fi in the lobby which was super useful. The pools were great. There were plenty of pools and enough room that people were spread out. Everything was surprisingly clean and the beach was fantastic! Great white sand--warm water, and a great view.
In terms of all inclusive--it was one of the best I've stayed at--it needs some work on the details--like fixing small broken things in the rooms, and work on the wait staff, and some small landscaping details. Many of the woman who worked there didn't seem to give a crap about you as a guest--the men however, did a very good job and seemed to work hard. It was night and day service between the men and woman which I found odd--typically its the opposite.
If you're looking for a getaway resort that isn't super crowded and doesn't have a hefty price tag--this is a good place to go. It's not 5 stars by any means, and with a little work could be a top notch resort in Panama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Starwood, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort Panama/Santa Clara