My wife and I arrived at the hotel around 2:00 pm. We were very politely told that check in wasn't until 3:00. "Are you guys hungry?" Yes! "Why don't you go down by the pool and have a nice lunch, by the time you're finished your room will be ready." I was liking this place already. After lunch we were told that our room was a Deluxe Garden View room. Turns out it was right next to the elevator. The view was of the front parking lot and about 15 square feet of flowers. The view wasn't a problem, but the possibility of elevator noise, people getting on and off all night long wasn't too appealing. (been there & done that before) Asked a nice man at the deck if we could have a different room away from the elevator. He said no problem, but it wouldn't be ready till 5:00 pm. He told us to change into our bathing suits and go down to the pool for a couple hours, which we did. Sometimes it pays to politely speak up when not totally happy. Our new room was nice and far from the elevator with a nice big balcony and an ocean view. (the first room didn't even have a balcony) Our room was kept nice and clean for our entire stay. It was kind of strange for us to seemingly be the only ones there from the U.S.A. Most people were locals from Panama, and others from South America. We did meet a few couples from Canada and another couple from South Africa. We were there for a total of three nights, arriving on a Sunday. We noticed a very large number of the guests were weekend guests and they left Sunday night. We pretty much had the place to ourselves. The pool was very nice and clean and hardly ever had more than a dozen people in it. The food at the buffet for breakfast and lunch was very good. The second and third nights we ate in the Mediterranean and Japanese restaurants and we found them to both be excellent. We took several walks on the beach, it was ok, but nothing to get excited about. We never went in the ocean so I can't comment on that. The staff was always smiling and ready to help with anything we needed. Overall we had a really great time staying here. This hotel was part of an 11 day vacation package setup for us by Panama Luxury Vacations (1-800-237-3237 Ex.2284) I mention this because we almost canceled the idea of going to Panama because we didn't know anything about Panama or who to trust. Parmelee Miller was our rep. and she made everything possible for us. She was excellent. I hope this review helps someone else to have a vacation as nice as ours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All-Inclusive Resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort in Guias de Anton, Santa Clara, Panama is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort Panama/Santa Clara