Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Wyndham Playa Corona(Playa Coronado)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Manglar Lodge(San Carlos)
View Hotel
Bay View Hotel(San Carlos)
View Hotel
Hotel Residencial El Valle(El Valle de Anton)
View Hotel
Hotel Campestre(El Valle de Anton)
1,701 results
All reviewssheraton bijaoswim up barpiano barpanama cityall inclusive resortall inclusivesthe mediterranean restaurantnachosa la carteanton valleymain buffetlos olivosthe grillbreakfast and lunchgreat tripblack sandbeach resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have been to several all inclusive resorts around the world to compare to.
Pros:
Beautiful resort
Helpful Employees
Beds are very comfortable
Great variety of pools
Excellent service at buffet
Beautiful Views of Ocean

Cons:
Speaking Spanish is a plus to communicate (I only speak English)
Water temperature in shower inconsistent as we had two bathrooms - one shower mostly had cold water, other was great
Rooms service is not 24hrs
Smoking by other guests tolerated, even though resort is non smoking
Not kid friendly compared to other resorts who have several activities for kids
Not much food selection available from 3-7pm
No poolside service for drinks or food.
Difficult to get alcohol drinks
Lots of flies and bugs in dining hall (though it is al fresco)
Dining buffett room needs more fans
Needs to be more organized on arrival for room, Wi-Fi passcodes and activities
Long 2 hr taxi ride from airport cost $100, a shuttle would have been nice
mini bar not always restocked
Had to ask for more conditioner, bottled water as not replaced daily.

The Sheraton is a Beautiful resort but lacks in some areas and needs fine tuneing.
We arrived after 8 hrs of travel time from the U.S., our check in time was 3pm but we didn't arrive until around 5pm. At checkin paid for room and not given much more info except a map of the property and a small piece of paper about activities.
In the humidity and hot weather the cold room was refreshing but it wasn't the room I reserved or paid for. I immediately notified the bell hop who called the front desk. It turns out I was downgraded in a room since the room I reserved was dirty from being rented out. I was severely unhappy as I traveled with a 2 yr old who naps for 3 hrs a day and I had planned to use the large outdoor balcony got sunbathing.

It was the first time I was given a downgrade for the same price! But they tried to rectify the issue by stating my room would be ready at 7. With 1.5 hrs to be able to unpack etc.we searched for food but nothing was open until 6:30 pm! Now I was even more frustrated.
Finally our room was ready and to my surprise it was still dirty!! The area rug had cut toenails on it! The floor dirty and the balcony floor...dirty! I wasn't happy and called front desk for someone to come and clean the carpet. After dinner....returned to room to unpack all of baby items and his bed...but carpet still looked dirty. So I dragged it outside. I then grabbed a few towels and wet them and washed down the floors, the balcony floors and patio furniture from bird poop.
Finally my little one could walk around on the floors.....but wait...not it smells like smoke in our room...turns out the downstairs family was smoking outside on their patio! This is a smoke free facility but it doesn't seem to be enforced. I complained to front desk who did nothing about it...instead we yelled at them next time they smoked.

For an all inclusive resort I expected poolside service, ability to get a mixed drink during dinner and an easier way to get drinks easily. For little kids there isn't much except the kiddie pool. But if your kids are older, then there is a great waterslide and kids room!
Most of the entertainment is at night so we weren't able to go due to a little one that slept early. But it sounded great.
All in all...it was a rough start and nothing done about the inconvenience of not having our room ready and were not told of the switch.
I felt I overpaid for my stay but it was a great vacation. Thank goodness for the fabulous spa massage services!

The resort could benefit from a conceierge service, poolside service, drink service and 24 hr room service in the all inclusive price. As I was surprised to learn only breakfast is free for room service! Also more services for children would be wonderful.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
2  Thank AMK508
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Mrs. AMK508

We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sheraton Bijao on TripAdvisor! It is always a pleasure to receive feedback from our guest. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us. And thank you for choosing Sheraton Bijao as your vacations destination.

We feel honored to receive the comments and suggestions that you have stated above which have helped us to identify opportunities for improvement so we can work based on them to offer a better service. We apologize for the inconvenience that you have had with the rooms. We regret the fact that you have lost part of your time in trying to get comfortable.

Regarding the Room Service, it seems that you received a misinformation since we do have 24 hours service. it's a shame because our desire was that you could enjoy this service.

Thank you again Mrs. AMK508 for your time.

If you have any other comments or suggestion you can feel free to contact us.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

"SWEET" Carolina Bernal I did not forget you!!! Thanks for all of your kindness and consideration during my family stay at your resort. I must admit that the entire front desk staff were very friendly and helpful in every way. Big Shout Out to my favorite Bell hop see picture below. The grounds and swimming pools were excellent and the food selection was quite varied and good. The location was great to visit the surrounding areas of Playa Blanca and the valley. If you are looking for a great resort and friendly people make the Sheraton Bijao your top choice.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Mr. jimdallas54

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We feel very happy to know that you were able to enjoy your stay with good food and service as you expected. This is very important for us. We will gladly forward your comments to Carolina and to all our staff.

We deeply value your relationship with Sheraton Bijao and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best. We hope to have you back soon again

If you have any further comments please feel free to discuss them with us.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I just came for a day visit to the Sheraton Bijao. It is located in a very nice area with a good looking golf course.

The hotel looks old, but it is well maintained and the rooms are fine and clean. The A/C is good and the shower is great. We did not spend a lot of time in the room, but we had a good night sleep and shower.

Since this is an all inclusive resort, I would say the meals selection were fine, not oustanding but acceptable. The bufette was well served and the food had a good taste. I loved the coffee in the morning and the breakfast buffete; although I would like to see more desserts or cookies.

The pool area was relaxing and I could enjoy with my family.

One thing that impressed me was the service we had from everyone; the staff was very friendly and accomodated to our needs.

Overall, it was a good day with the family; all of us enjoyed the stay a lot and we did not have any complaint.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear Mr. JavierB35805

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your stay at our Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.
We feel extremely happy to see that you and your family were able to enjoyed our facilities, the food, the service, the rooms.

We hope to have you back soon again .

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just came back from a stay at the Sheraton with my daughter and son-in-law who were visiting from the States. I was looking forward to taking them based on my first stay earlier in the year.

Although the hotel remains as beautiful as I remembered, as were the facilities and the excellent service from the staff, the food was quite a let down! It was actually Panamanian night, which we assumed would be the best, it definitely wasn't!!! The only good think was the Ropa Vieja...the sancocho wasn't even that, more like a consomme, the pork was dry, the patacones and the yuca terrible, and on and on. Breakfast was not that impressive neither...Definitely NOT up to the Sheraton name standards.

Also, although the room was a standard ok hotel room, it had paper think walls. At night, we couldn't sleep or listen to the tv due to the noice from the pool area THEN, we were woken super early by sounds of voices and doors opening and closing in the hallways!!!

I sure hope the management will look into the food quality.

Room Tip: I suggest the garden view rooms if you want to get some sleep.

Dear Mr./Mrs. Dixie 1355

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your stay at our Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort on TripAdvisor. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

Your comments help us identify any possible deficiencies that may exist in our hotel and take whatever corrective actions may be necessary. Thanks for bring to our attentions things as the Rooms, noises and food. Our departments are aware of your comments and have taken steps to ensure appropriate solutions to what you have mentioned.

Unfortunately, we did not reach your expectations as the first time. We understand your disappointment but is important you to know that we are actively working to improve service levels and your feedback has proved to be invaluable.

If you have any further comments please feel free to discuss them with us.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Bijao one night with my girlfriend, we enjoyed ourselves. It's a very nice property with good service. Nothing incredible, but a good value for an all inclusive, comfortable bed, and the food was good (which cannot be said for every all-inclusive resort). There were a lot of families with kids there, and it seems like it'd be a good place to for kids. There's a disco/club which can be fun at night, although there were hardly any people there when we went on a Friday night. Overall good experience, nothing spectacular, but also no complaints.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Antonio S, Gerente at Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort - An All Inclusive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear Mr. Danny L

We would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know your comments from your last stay at our Sheraton Bijao. As we are deeply committed to achieving our guest’s total satisfaction, your opinion is very important to us.

We feel very good with the fact that you enjoyed your stay with good food and service. As you have commented, we deeply value the families that comes to our hotel.

We also deeply value your relationship with Sheraton Bijao and are committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because our guests deserve the very best.

If you have any other comments or suggestion feel free to contact us.

We hope to see you in the near future!