We recently stayed in this hotel and although for a short time (1 night), overall we had a really good time. I am a Panamanian living in the United States and traveled to Panama to visit my family.
We spent most of our time in the beach and at the pool! The water was calm and around 83 degrees!
The service and staff were really nice, professional and courteous. Being a SPG Platinum for 5+ years, I was treated very nice. My only minor issue is that you can only check in at 3 pm. I was expecting that we would be able to have an earlier check-in due to my status. I would recommend for the hotel to have more staff available at the check-in time.
The rooms were big, cold, clean, and had the great Sheraton beds. The bathrooms were OK, and probably needed a little more attention (i.e. missing towels, etc.). The pools were nice, clean, and the staff was very friendly. The foods at the different restaurants were OK. They did offered different options from meats, salads, etc.
The location is after Rio Mar, and since we were coming from Chiriquí, it was a great stop between our trips from David to Panama City.
Although this hotel is rated a Starwood Category 6, in my opinion it is more of a 3. This hotel is the old Breezes and recently became an all-inclusive Sheraton. You can start to see some areas where it is starting to show that it needs some love. It is definetely not a Starwood Category 6 hotel.
Overall, I give this hotel a 3+ rating. We had a great time, and we will definitely visit it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort Panama/Santa Clara