My wife and I just returned from a relaxing and fun vacation at the Breezes Resort Panama. Since we were driving/boating from Southern Costa Rica, the road trip from David, Panama was long (5 hours - I recommend flying in to Panama City and taking the quick hour or so transfer from the resort - kick back with a drink and relax). We were very excited when we arrived. The grounds, pools, beach, rooms, all surpassed our expectations. I do marketing for a four star resort in Costa Rica and travel extensively so I have several points of reference. To me, "all inclusive" can be a dead giveaway for "Trough -like" dining with lots of mediocre food - slowly cooking throughout the day under a dim heat lamp. This was not the case at the Breezes. Their main restaurant "Taboga" was set up very nice with great food options - the young lady who did the custom breakfast omelets was really great. The Japanese restaurant was fair to good - tuna was OK (the showmanship and presentation was 5 stars)- the Italian restaurant Martino's was excellent...great cheeses, meats, main courses - you do have to make reservations 1 day in advance which is understandable with so many people. Wine is average - but not awful like some all inclusives. The beach is very nice, pools clean, the water Aerobics teacher was very charismatic and made everyone smile. The place had a lot of kids...which don't bother me, but be warned this is a family resort. We stayed 4 nights and flew back to Costa Rica. This place gets a 4 our of 5 rating from me for good service, drinks, food, and atmosphere! Would go back in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On a sprawling Panama beach along the serene Pacific Ocean, our all-inclusive resort has everything you could want for total relaxation. Nestled alongside the stunning Pacific Ocean, Sheraton Bijao is complimented by celebrated sites like the Panama Canal's Miraflores Locks and historic Panama City, the exhilarating capital of the Republic of Panama. Come together and share experiences in our warm Club Lounge as well as the resorts 4 restaurants and private beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Expedia and Media 8, Inc. so you can book your Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Hotel Santa Clara
- Sheraton Bijao Beach Resort Panama/Santa Clara