“Excellent sea food”

Los Camisones Restaurante
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Panama City, Panama
“Excellent sea food”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This just a little hard to find, just off the road, high on a hill. It is well worth finding. They offer an excellent selection of seafood and imported meats! You wont go broke here. Excellent service TOO!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank bru14u

Panama
“good stop for seafood”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I learned about this restaurant from a friend a couple of years ago. It is about 100 km from the city and is a nice break from the road. It has a large open covered seating area. A nice selection of shrimp, fish, shelled items and cold drinks. It is far enough from the highway to not hear the road noises.

Visited August 2013
Tampa, Florida
“One of the best Seafood places I have ever been”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I am actually a Panamanian that lives abroad and was so happy to be back visiting my country which has some of the best seafood you can find any where in the world. While I tried several places in Panama which were good, this place was outstanding. I ordered Garlic Jumbo Shrimp or "Langostinos al Ajillo" and recommend it with rice. The juicy shrimp are so very tasty I was savoring every bite. I also tried the breaded Corvina which was cooked just right. It is a hang out for famous people and politicians, as a matter of fact we had the opportunity to meet the Vice-President, Varella. Moises, the Chef, came to our table and chatted with us. I had to know how he prepared those Langostinos! We had piano music and a great time, so much so, we went twice during the two days we stayed at the beach.

• Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality of service and food going down”
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

I used to be a fan of stopping there every time I went to the beach. More often i had service and food quality issues which I overlook until yesterday.
I was heading to the beach and i called 30 minutes prior to arrive to the restaurant for them to prepare a Paella (takes 45 min to an hour when well prepare) to my surprise when i got to the restaurant i was informed that was already ready to be served. The shrimps on top were dry and all the Paella was extremely low in juice (dry). After asking 3 times to the server for an explanation he went to the kitchen ad came back to tell me that simply the chef overcook it. My suspicion is that i was serve a Paella that was prepared for someone else (no show) at least an hour and a half prior to my arrival.

Wont go back to this restaurant in at least 6 month.

Visited June 2013
Panama City, Panama
“My favorite restaurant in Panama for lobster”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Los Camisones is the place to go when you visit Panama's beaches. It's an open air restaurant with a large thatched roof and ceiling fans which is always crowded with people ranging from well known Panamanians, including former Presidents of the country, to local beach house owners and tourists. Some people drive in from the city just to eat here. The sea food is fresh and cooked to perfection. My favorite choice is lobster, so much so when I come, the waiters or the owner himself greet me with, "Si hay" which tells me they have lobster. I rarely order anything else because I think it is the best in Panama.
The service is good. The owner, Tomas Camsisones, personally greets customers and chats with the regulars. The atmosphere is casual and inviting. The menu offers meat dishes as well. Tomas is a well trained Spanish chef. Prices are reasonable and reservations are accepted.

• Visited April 2013