“big disappointment”

Los Camisones Restaurante
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Spanish, Central American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“big disappointment”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

A friend and I came to Los Camisones because I had read so many good reviews on trip advisors. When we drove up to the parking lot it had many cars and the sounds from the dining area made it sound like people were enjoying the restaurant and food. We were sited right away,drinks delivered, order taken.IT went down hill from there. The waiter never came back! Someone brought our bread and Spanish tortilla. After a long wait some one else bought “Our “ order. My friend had ordered a salad with arugula,mushrooms with grilled vegetables. I had ordered fried red snapper and sautéed vegetables. The person bought no salad and a salmon I told him I did not order . Later some one brought soggy breaded red snapped. I then went to the person cleaning menus to see if any one spoke English. He said a little.I asked him about the salad and he said no more..then I asked what I had gotten. he showed and said breaded red snapper. NOT what I ordered. By this time another waiter was helping us and I used him to help us get water, our dessert, which was just ordinary and then the check. apparently there wasn’t a check and he had to create one for us.

I feel we were ignored because we were two women,non Panamanian and non Spanish speaking.

With your great Spanish-English menu mistakes should not have been made,If not understood, point. If the first waiter was not a waiter then we should have had a Waiter the first time. There was NO apology or reduced check.
We should have asked for the manager before we left, but I as too upset and so disappointed with what I had expected.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Wilma A

Kansas City
“Gringo Discrimination?”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am very confused. Maybe we just ate there on a bad day. We got there at around 11:30am on a weekday and it was not overly busy. The large palapa roof and the atmosphere is nice. We placed our order and then waited for an hour before we got our food. In the meantime, all of the locals who arrived after us were served. Our original server never returned, although we tried to hail him down several times. Finally the third or fourth server we asked went to check on our food. It took us about an hour to get our drinks refilled. When our food did finally arrive, I would say that it was about typical for what you would eat at an average strip mall Mexican restaurant in the US. Not horrible, not good. I would have no reason to return or recommend it.

• Visited February 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Great food, good service!”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to this restaurant with my friends and family a few times now and I will definately go again. For a place that looks like a shed from the highway, you'll be pleasantly surprised when you try the food (or when you see all the Ferrari's and Lamborghini's parked outside on the weekends). Seafood here is always fresh, especially I enjoyed the stuffed calimari and the shrimp cocktail. Sopa de mariscos (or seafood soup) is the best I've had in Central America. Prices are reasonable for North Americans, however I'd say a little high for the area, in fact it's probably the most expensive restaurant I've seen west of Panama City. Definately check this place out, you will not be disappointed, I know I wasn't!

• Visited November 2012
Oakton, Virginia
“Good food, nice atmosphere, attentive service, fair prices”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This restaurant is a nice place for a nice meal around Coronado. Food was enjoyed by all. The baby suckling pig was wonderful. Also fried shrimps were good. Patacones were a little dry. Food was priced higher than most Panamanian restaurants for the same quality but not outrageous. Service was attentive and atmosphere is nice. It is right on the highway but up a hill so not loud and safer for parking. Seating is outdoors under thatched roof but temperature was comfortable and seats and tables in main dining area were nice. One seating area did have plastic chairs (overflow seating maybe?) but otherwise atmosphere was good. Servers were attentive and helpful.

• Visited January 2013
Barrie, Canada
“Christmas Lunch”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Fantastic Restaurant for Food. We were recommended by Jennifer De Gracia of Playa Blanca Hotel. Excellent choice.The food was amazing , Lobster, Shrimp, Fish ummmmm , Very tasty.Those who like seafood should vist this restaurant.

Visited December 2012