“Magical”

The Last Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tatopani
“Magical”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

One of the best and most friendliest places i haver ever stayed in. Will def be back. The rooms are tents dotted around the mountain with trees surrounding them. They're both comfy and warm. The staff are all so friendly and the food is very tasty. There is so many activities to choose from and the videos after are a keepsake forever done professionally capturing every moment of your fear. I did both the bunjee and swing and both were amazing. The mountain walks jst magical. Both an amazing place for couples or a group of friends.

• Stayed April 2013
The Last Resort N, Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Dear 555,

Thank you very much for your elegant words and succinct summary about The Last Resort. We are very delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, accommodation with us is a natural affair. Our safari tents are comfortable and spacious. The deluxe two-person tents have a single and a double bed and a private garden area with deck chairs. Our four-person family tents have four single beds.

We wish to have a pleasure of your company again soon and believe it will be magical again.

The Last Resort Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Panchkula
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I went to The Last Resort in March 2013. It was my first bungee jumping experience and it was awesome! The hike back up takes about 20 mins as is a mini adventure of sorts, especially after the wonderful free fall.
The canyon swing experience is at par if not better than the bungee. I did both on the same day. Hiking back up to the resort, twice, was tiring, but they serve an excellent lunch and there is a great bar in the resort itself where one can just kick back and light one up with a cold beer. The resort is beautiful in itself and I would have loved to stay the night there, but I had to head back to Kathmandu on the same day.
Comparing it to the bungee jumps from similar heights across the world, I believe it is insanely well priced too!
All in all it was a great experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dhruv R
The Last Resort N, Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Dhruv,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It was great to go through it. We are very glad that you had an awesome experience of your jumps. Yes, hiking up is bit tiring but bar is always open to energize again. We hope you will have enough time in next visit to relax at our beautiful resort.

We wish to have a pleasure company of yours again.

The Last Resort Team.
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Initially we were put of by having to hire a car to drive up to the resort, but as soon as we got there we were so happy we did. The resort is well set out and the food is excellent. We were fortunate to have it pretty much to ourselves and the staff were great. In our group some went rafting and hiked, along with plenty of time to relax in a great setting.

The solar showers worked well and the toilet facilities were always spotless. Lockers are available for securing valuables. Like other reviews we were a little confused about our billing system but I think it is due to lack of communication between the booking agent and the resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tracywigzell
Dear Tracy,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are glad to know you had virtually to yourself. Our staffs will be happy to hear about this. Hope your friends enjoyed their activities too. Did you have any problem regarding payment? If any, we extremely apologize for it.

We wish to see you again.

The Last Resort Team.
Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

I was excited and the day was no more to wait for me.Finally the day with a cloudy mrg on the way.I was scared and excited too but when i reach there i saw people jumping one by one.mine fear was at inner heart but i was excited so the fear gives me pleasure and i was brave enough so i did it.The location was excellent and the staff behaviour was friendly.I would like to suggest you to do bungy jump and measure your bravery.So do not miss the chance to do it at any cost.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank dhurba123
The Last Resort N, Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Dhurba,

Thank you very much for your kind words. It was great reading you experience. Exactly "fear gives pleasure". Please share some of your pictures on our facebook page - Bungy Nepal, we would love to see it.

Oxford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

The place looks very nice, organized and clean. I did the bunguee jump, was amazing. Them I paid almost £16 for my video and fotos. When I asked to have my video at the pen drive, the people tell me I need pay extra £8. This is not nice, I paid already and I need pay extra for what reason???? I dont feel confortable at all with this situation. I really recomended the bungue jump, but my adivice is, go prepair to pay everething at all th time. The awnser for what I need to pay was: my boss tell me to take the money! unacceptable!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Gucorbetta
The Last Resort N, Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Gucor,

Thank you for sharing your experience and giving us the experience to improve our service so that we can cater to our clients in a better way. It is great to know that you enjoyed the bungy with us. We are extremely sorry about how you felt about payment for the videos and the pen drive. We use to copy our videos to clients on their pen drives. However, we once used a pen drive from one of our clients which had such viruses that it completely destroyed our system. This also meant that a lot of people did not get their video of their jumps that day. This was really sad and hard to explain to our customers. So, we decided to not allow pen drives at all. Of course this did not work at all because a lot of people had to go the next morning and could not wait to collect the DVDs. This is when we decided that we would buy new pen drives and sell them to the clients so that the issue of viruses would be completely avoided. So, we basically just charge our clients for the pen drive that we have to buy in order to cater to customers who are really hard pressed with time. This situation has been created by our need to protect the memories of our clients which we have learnt are invaluable. We do have the option of posting your videos online at no extra cost as well if our clients are happy with that. Nonetheless, we would like to sincerely apologize for the rude answer you received from one of our video crew. We agree that this is now how we should deal with our client who makes it possible for us to be who we are today. We will definitely look into the matter and make sure that it does not happen again. Once again, thank you so much for complaining as this will help us to improve and move forward in the right direction. It is always sad to find customers who have good experience with activities come back feeling disappointed because of such issues. If there is anything we can do to make it up to you we would be really grateful.

Kathmandu, Nepal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Both the bungy and swing are fantastic here. As a tip the swing is better than the bungy as you get way more free fall. As for the staff and facilities both are exceptional. The food is also great. I highly recommend the last resort for both the bungy/swing and accommodation. My girlfriend also rates the massages quite highly. Also worth noting is the companies ethos of employing many locals and supporting the community.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
The Last Resort N, Manager at The Last Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Smith,

Thank you very much for your elegant and succinct summary about The Last Resort. Yes, Swing has 6 - 7 seconds of free fall and this is worlds highest. We are grateful of your recommendations. You are right, we have almost 80% staffs are locals. Please share some of your pictures on our facebook page - Bungy Nepal, we would love to see it.

The Last Resort Team
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

It was really unfortunate the information (or the lack thereof) of the dates of Bungee Jumping in January. I understand that it is the off-season, but when I called in I was not told that there are only specific days that jumps are planned. There was also absolutely no information online about this. It was really upsetting because I had planned to go to the Last resort one day before I left the country just after I'd finished up with a project and there was no communication of specific dates for trips from Kathmandu.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank V R
Dear VR,

We are extremely sorry about the confusion and the lack of information from our side. There can be no justification for this. We agree this information should have been provided to you over the phone and we sincerely apologize for this. If it’s of any consolation to you we have decided to mention the confirmed Bungy dates (and tentative Bungy dates) on our website soon. This will take a few weeks because we are reevaluating our entire online presence at the moment. Your complaint has given us the opportunity to improve and we would like to thank you for this. We are extremely sorry that you could not experience the Bungy because of our ineffective communication; if there is anything we can do to make it up to you we would be grateful. We assure you that these kinds of mistakes will not happen again.

The Last Resort team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tatopani
Hotel at the End of the Universe
Peaceful Cottage & Cafe du Mont
Resort Eco Home
Resort Eco Home
#3 of 17 in Nagarkot

Been to The Last Resort? Share your experiences!