Bahama House
Best Western Aku Tiki Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$135
$119
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$85
$81
Lexington Inn & Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$89
Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$88
Perry's Ocean Edge Resort(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$109
Daytona Shores Inn and Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)
$90
Pirates Cove(Daytona Beach Shores)
$79
Sun Viking Lodge(Daytona Beach Shores)(Great Value!)
$127
$117
Grand Prix Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
$55
$51
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
1,542 results
All reviewshappy hourcocktail hourcontinental breakfastocean frontunderground parkingmixed drinksfresh baked cookiesbagelshot tubfree drinksgreat place to staystove topfull size fridgeevery eveningevery morningoceanfront roomsmall kitchen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 2, 2008

My wife and I along with our 1 year old daughter stayed at the Bahama House from Tuesday July 29th until Friday August 1st. I had heard about the Bahama House from an email at work but honestly did not think too much about it. I decided we needed a quick get away from the daily grind and I did some research. I was satisfied at what I saw and the reviews I read, but I still had reservations about staying there. I took a chance and booked the room for 2 nights.
Upon arrival, the first thing I noticed was how clean the lobby area was. I honestly expected a somewhat dreary appearance, as I had never really heard of the Bahama House before. The lobby was the first of many surprises. The staff was very pleasant, helpful and eager to please. When we got to our rooms, we were blown away! A full refrigerator / freezer, stove, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, dishes/silverware etc.....
We had 2 queen beds and plenty of room left for the little one to roam around. Our favorite part of the room was the private balcony with spectacular view of the ocean. The bathroom was clean, as was the room in general. I could go on for hours....
We made it down for the FREE cocktail hour which had name brand liquors and beers, a few mixed drinks as well as soda. On the flip side of that, the breakfast was ample, consisting of bagels, muffins, bananas, cereal, donuts, danish', coffee and juice.
We ended up extending our stay an extra night, as we were thoroughly enjoying ourselves. If I had it to do over again, I would have taken advantage of the in-room amenities more and purchased food for the room instead of going out to dinner.
Best thing I can say is that it will be the first place I research if we travel to Daytona Beach again!!!

Reviewed July 30, 2008

What can I say about Bahama House except try it for yourself.
We booked after extensive research and reading many reviews.
The front desk staff were the best I have ever met. SO friendly and helpfull!
The hotel is beautiful and comfortable. The rooms are large and clean - very comfy. We stayed in 1003 with an Ocean front view and let me tell you it was stunning! Housekeeping was so pleasant and did a wonderful job.
The pool was clean and warm and the kids loved it! The beach is right past the pool and was terrific. The hotel loaned out pool towels and beach toys - which came in handy while collecting shells.
The breakfast was limited but hit the spot first thing in the morning. Cocktail hour was great! The kids and I looked forward to it each day.
It was great to receive the newspaper daily and the coupons down in the lobby were great for sight seeing!
My 13 year old son, 10 year old daughter and myself never wanted to leave. I miss it even now!
It is close enough to the entertainment but not right on top of it.

Incredible - after driving for 24 hours the Bahama House was the best little piece of heaven we could have ever asked for - thank you SO much! We will be back~

ps - About the adult store and tatoo parlour accross the street - they aren't that bad and are comparable to other things in Daytona. They blend right in and don't take a thing from the hotel's rating. Actually none of us really noticed them until we were leaving.

Reviewed July 25, 2008

This hotel is right on the beach. We stayed just one night and were given a free upgrade to an "ocean front" room. This means that the room faces the beach. We had reserved an "ocean view" room, which we think means a view of the ocean from the side. It was a large room with modern decor, a kitchenette, and a balcony. I enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night listening to the ocean. Even with the balcony door closed we could hear the ocean waves all night--very soothing. The beds were comfortable, but the pillows were mushy. The bathroom was small but very clean, and the showerhead was excellent. You must drive to find a selection of restaurants. The continental breakfast was decent but not great, including cereal, oatmeal, fruit, and rolls. Overall it was a nice place to stay and walk on the beach.

• Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed July 23, 2008

After reading all of the wonderful reviews, I was super excited to stay in the Bahama House.

We had booked three nights, starting on a Saturday. We called the hotel to tell them that we would need a late check-in, since we were running late. The hotel told us sure, no problem, they had noted it on the computer.

When we arrived, they told us that our reservations had been cancelled, because they didn't think that we were showing up. We told them that we called to arrive a late check-in and who we spoke to (who conveniently had left for the day), but the girl at the front desk told us that that they had no vacancies and there was nothing that she could do about it. She told us that we would have to find another hotel for Saturday night and we could check-in on Sunday.

I was furious. I asked her "where are we supposed to go"? After about 2 hours standing in front of her, she finally was able to book us a room at the Best Western Aku Tiki down the street (much better hotel) and we would have to check-out of the Best Western and check back into the Bahama House on Sunday. She guaranteed our room would be ready by 3pm the next day.

Well, we went back at 3pm, the room was not ready, the girl we spoke to previously was not working, and the woman working the front desk said she had no idea when it would be ready, so we had to sit in the lobby and wait. We waited over 1 hour.
We finally got in the room. It was dirty. There was a lot of mold and mildew in the shower (to the point where it smelled really bad) and the toilet had black mold all in it. Yuck.

I personally would not stay here again, I think a lot of the people like this place because it has a full size fridge. The Best Western we stayed at has a half fridge and was cheaper. I would rather have the half fridge then all of the problems.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank DaniellesTravels
BBSL, Owner at Bahama House, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2008

This guest's experience is certainly not typical of the experience we strive to provide for all of our guests. I am going to email her through Tripadvisor to try and get additional details regarding the dates of her stay so I can address the issues she had with the staff that was on duty at the time of her stay and have the room she stayed in inspected. I hope I am able to gather additional information from this guest so that I can use her comments as a training opportunity. I am glad that this guest enjoyed her stay at our sister hotel, the Best Western Aku Tiki Inn and appreciate her positive comments about them on Tripadvisor. Just to clarify, most of the rooms at Bahama House have full sized refrigerators. Of our 95 guest rooms 86 rooms offer full efficiencies with full sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and everything you'd need to prepare a meal. The other 9 rooms have a micro-fridge (small refrigerator with a microwave). The type of room a guest is put into depends on the package or specific room type they book.

Reviewed July 23, 2008

If you are staying at Daytona Beach amble down from the Boardwalk area and stay at the Bahama House. The rooms are big and clean. But it's the staff that makes the trip worth it. They work overtime to make sure your stay is the best. With a lot of people coming and going from the beach and pool there is always a lot of towels laying around. There was always someone picking them up to keep it neat and tidy. They have an open bar hour each night and it was delightful to get a "bahama mama "and drink it while sitting in the pool.

My only complaint is that they still have smoking floors. Our hallway was smoky smelling but not our room. When I talked to the front desk they told me that the hotel was going to no smoking soon. But I would ask for a non smoking floor.