“Boop to my Betty”
Review of Daytona Diner

Daytona Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Unique 50's diner serving first-class comfort food for over 17 years.....Blue-plate specials, homemade pies, 1/2 lb. Charbroiled burgers, homemade soups, fluffy omelets, and plate-sized pancakes, just to name a few.
Reviewed November 12, 2015

All I can say is, my parents would love this place! It looks like a 1950's diner and the famous Betty Boop is their mascot! As soon as you walk through the doors, you are transported back to the 50's, music, decor and all! You could literally eat off the floors this lil place is so clean and nostalgic. The waitress is friendly and great place for breakfast or lunch. We didn't have dinner there, but there were flyers everywhere advertising their Thanksgiving dinner which sounded real good. My husband couldn't decide on the french toast or the biscuits and gravy, so he had a 1/2 order of each, and I chose the BLT with potato salad. The food arrived timely and not only was it delicious, but the portions were too big to finish! Upon paying, they had coffee mugs for sale with their name and of course Betty. Had to get one for mom and dad! Highly recommend!

Reviewed November 11, 2015

What a wonderful find this place is! The decor is totally 50's, look at that floor!!! with posters and photos on the walls, and a large Betty Boop collection. The menu has a good selection. On Thursdays they offer a turkey dinner, complete with stuffing-muffins and mashed potatoes. I will be stopping there next trip to Daytona.

Reviewed October 25, 2015 via mobile

I've had many restaurant experiences, good and bad. Today at the Daytona Diner I had something unusual happen.

While eating I felt something extremely hot on my back. I thought a burning ember fell on it or perhaps I was bitten by an insect. Neither happened. What did happen was the waitress had spilled hot coffee on my back while pouring hot coffee from a carafe into a cup over my back.

Did she seem sorry, not really, but tried to explain it had come from the center opening of the cover. So why was she pouring extremely hot coffee from a carafe into a cup over my back? Was she sorry she had done it, I don't know because she never said she was.

Someone else, who never identified herself, came over to me some time later to explain the waitress who spilled the coffee was an experienced waitress. OK, thanks, now I feel better knowing I was spilled upon by an experienced person.

Come on, at least say your sorry for what happened. I wasn't looking for a free meal or get an offer to clean my soiled shirt. I believe it is more correct to be concerned with your customer rather than assure your customer that you were burned by an experienced waitress.

No thank you. I won't be going back here.

unusaunusual

Reviewed October 20, 2015

We stopped here for breakfast one morning during the Biketoberfest Rally in Daytona. This place is decorated at a 1950's diner and really cute with photos of James Dean, Elvis and others all around. The prices are moderate, but our breakfast was good as was the service.

Reviewed September 12, 2015

We went for breakfast. The diner is really cute, a lot of Betty Boop stuff and other TV and movie memorabilia. The place was pristine and the food was delicious and fresh. Our waitress was very attentive. She refilled my husband's coffee at least 4 times, which makes my husband very happy. I used the restroom and that was also quaint and clean. The owner was there and we chatted a bit, very friendly. We would like to try lunch sometime in the near future. I rated this place as Very Good, not Excellent only because this was our first time and it was a little bit expensive for breakfast. But overall we are looking forward to our next trip to the Daytona Diner.