Days Inn Daytona Oceanfront
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dolphin Beach Club(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Pirates Cove(Daytona Beach Shores)
Beachside Hotel(Daytona Beach)
View Hotel
Sand Castle Motel(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Tropical Suites Daytona Beach(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Daytona Shores Inn and Suites(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Dream Inn(Daytona Beach Shores)
View Hotel
Residence Inn Daytona Beach Oceanfront(Daytona Beach Shores)
1,513 results
All reviewsocean frontfront deskunderground parkingroom was cleanoceanfront roomhot tuban older hotelport orangethe staff was friendly and helpfulfirst flooracross the streetpool deckstaying at this hotelwill stay there againnice stayprivate balconybike week
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. We booked the hotel based only on price and a few online pictures. The pictures do glorify the property a bit, so when we first arrived I was a bit disappointed. However, our experiences during the stay quickly changed my mind, and I would definitely book another stay here. We ended up arriving a day early, due to a change in driving plans. We called about 6pm and told them we wanted to add a night to the room we reserved. Rachel told us that our room was booked for the night, but we were given a free upgrade to an oceanfront room for the entire stay, no extra charge. When we arrived in the room we were not pleased with the smell, it smelled like stale cigarettes. We didn't complain however, because of the upgraded view. After spraying the room with perfume and leaving the balcony door open for a bit, the smell went right away. The location is great if you simply plan on staying at the beach all day. If you want to walk to the main pier, it's about a 5 mile walk and not really worth it. The pool and hot tub were both clean and never too crowded. Beware though, that during this time of the year the whole beachfront turns the lights off due to the endangered turtle's mating season. The staff were all excellent. They answered all of our questions about directions and attractions. We even lost a beach blanket one night and the grounds crew held onto it until we called looking for it, then they delivered it to our room for us. The only thing I can think of for them to improve on would be to add a continental breakfast. For those who simply want to spend time on the beach, finding breakfast generally means going to IHOP or the Burger King across the street.

Room Tip: side oceanfront room actually faces other hotel
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I originally booked the street view room but I decided to ask if they could give me an upgrade since I had surgery and I would be spending a few days there while my husband went fishing at the Sunglow Pier which was right up the street. We usually book at Beach Quarters, but this hotel offered a better deal. They upgraded us to an ocean front and like always with every hotel on the beach, the view was fabulous!

The room was big and clean. The front desk, I believe her name is Rachel was very helpful and had a great personality. When checking out, Eddy was just as great. Every time but once, when I went or came into the hotel, I was greeted by someone. It had a pool and a hot tub but I used neither so I cannot comment on them.

The hotel was under renovations on their carpet. We were on the 3rd floor and sometimes we could hear pounding but it really wasn't bothersome. BTW, I was told the 3rd floor was completely non-smoking, and the 6th floor was half and half. We were almost right across from the elevator and I read about people complaining, but I really didn't hear or maybe I didn't pay attention to any elevator noise.

There is a Burger King right across the street and the main pier is some miles up to the north but the Sunglow Pier which you can see down the beach from the hotel, has a restaurant with some awesome food and fishing. it cost to go out on the pier to fish, I believe it is $7.00 plus tax for all day and if you want to walk to the end of the pier, it is a $1.00. Just down the road under the bridge, is some good places to eat and a nice fishing dock. Port Orange is just across the bridge with shopping and restaurants; I would say within a 5 mile radius of the hotel.

The hotel does have underground parking, but we just used the front lot which was great, so I can't comment on the parking garage.

I also read somewhere on the reviews either here or other places about this area not being safe. I have been to this area over the last 1 1/2 years and never felt 'unsafe.' I have no clue what those people are talking about because to me, I do see this as a great area.

CONS:

AC can be a little noisy, but I found it refreshing just to open the doors of the balcony and let the fresh air in.

Overall, a nice place to spend a few days in this area. If you are a tourist, then this may not be the place for you since the main street pier and shopping is, I would say about 5 miles down the road. This area is just a quiet place to spend a lovely day at the beach and enjoy some peace and quiet with the family.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2011

the rooms were clean and the staff was wonderful anything you need they had it for you the cleaning staff was awesome and friendly staff and my room was very clean and the location of the hotel was right on the beach love it will totally be back and will totally book this hotel day inn tropical suites everytime i go to daytona beach florida

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2011

enjoy this place every year. staff is very efficient and cordial. special mention to the cleaning ladies staff and bob and the maintenace men. place is really clean and well kept up. front desk help is very friendly,special mention to Eddie and Rachel for their extra help. would recommend this place to everyone. next year my group will have 14 rooms. last but certainly not least is special mention to the manager Roger. he always checks with us when we are there to make sure that every thing is alright.. case in point, we had a, family emergency this year and onefamily had to cancel at the very last minute. Roger assured us due to our past history,we would serve no penalty. that is just good business if you can do it. THANK YOU THOMAS E LEHMAN

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed April 21, 2011

We arrived 12 hours early for check-in, and got a discounted rate on a room until our room was ready to be occupied. Still a couple of hours before check-in, the lady at the front desk offered us a better room that was available then at no extra charge!! My kids LOVED the pool and the ocean was literally right outside the door! The room was clean and bright, and everyone was friendly. This was our first trip to Daytona Beach, and for the price, we will definitely be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family