Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
$279
$272
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Washington National Harbor(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$444
Westin.com
$349
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$279
  • Pool
Harborside Hotel(Oxon Hill)(Great Value!)
$249
Red Roof
$299
TripAdvisor
4,936 results
All reviewsatrium viewlight showpotomac rivernational pastimebeautiful hotelhuge hotelold town alexandriawater taxiferris wheelold hickory steakhouseattended a conferencegaylord national resortice exhibitdc arearestaurants and shopsfountain showlobby bar
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Gaylord national harbor resort is a beautiful facility. The scenery from my room was gorgeous. It was located by many restaurants
And stores. The Tanger outlets were minutes away also close by were children's places such as Build A Bear and a Children's museum. My only complaint was that the bed was not
Very comfortable. Made noises when i moved. The rooms were VERY clean and i would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is a guided tour bus or water taxi ride away from DC, maybe 20 minutes by bus, depending on time of day and traffic. It's a nice hotel, very, very large, wear your walking shoes. The area around the hotel is up and coming and it feels safe walking around outside in the early evening. My one disappointment was no bathrobe in the closet, I always look forward to higher end places having that amenity.

Room Tip: Rooms that face into the atrium have a nice balcony for sitting, but also attract more noise. Check the elevators, not all of them go to all the floors
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I booked a room 2 months ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary, however, when we arrived today to check in we were told there was an "influx of transient guests" and they didn't have a room for us. I thought when you made a reservation for a room that meant there would be a room waiting for you, not so at the Gaylord! "I'm sorry" doesn't cover the 6 hour drive, tank of gas, and $30 in tolls. A simple phone call would have saved us so much aggravation!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Di1223
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Let me just say that being someone who travels so much for business and pleasure, I was pleasantly surprised. We had an amazing time.
The brought the kids with us. We came prepared. We went grocery shopping prior. We also knew we did not have a microwave so our lunches consisted of sandwiches, fruit and chips. The refrigerator is a little on the small side. For $450 a night for a suite, we should at least get one the size of a Super 8.
What they call a 2 room suite was actually huge. 1 bedroom, separate dining room, separate living room.
A few things I didn't like was a small TV in the bedroom. The shower head is atrocious. You have 2 options: one is to leave patches of soap in the middle of your head because the water sprays around the outside, the other is to get beat down by this pulsating jet of water. Either way it's crappy. Also the air in the bedroom is DIRECTLY on the bed. It causes you to freeze. I was constantly up and down at night changing temp.
The service at this hotel is quite possibly the BEST service I've ever had: the bell service, front desk, housekeeping and most definitely the operator.
Overall we had a great experience.

Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed at the Gaylord for a national conference and was very impressed with the beauty of this hotel and the grounds. The atrium is amazing, and there are plenty of places to eat either at the hotel or nearby in the National Harbor area. I had a very nice room that overlooked the river. Overall this is one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed at, and I hope to return someday either for business or pleasure!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business