Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
AC Hotel National Harbor Washington, DC Area(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$229
  • Bar/Lounge
$222
Hampton.com
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
The Westin Washington National Harbor(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
  • Restaurant
Residence Inn National Harbor Washington, DC Area(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$259
$199
Comfort Inn(Oxon Hill)
$149
Average 3/5
Hotel Indigo Old Town Alexandria(Alexandria)(Great Value!)
$153
HotelIndigo.com
$78
Good 3.5/5
$197
Great 4.5/5
4,886 results
All reviewsatrium viewlight showpotomac rivernational pastimebeautiful hotelhuge hotelold town alexandriawater taxiferris wheelold hickory steakhouseattended a conferencegaylord national resortice exhibitdc arearestaurants and shopsfountain showlobby bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have been staying at this hotel for a conference with a few colleagues. We decided we wanted to take sometime to do some sightseeing while in the DC area and went to the transportation office to find out our options. The only options were services through Express Transport. We ended up using Express Transport because we thought it would be easier and faster than a taxi or public transport. Boy, were we wrong! When we first got into the vehicle, we asked to be taken to the Lincoln Memorial. The driver wasn't sure where it was and used his tablet's GPS to get directions. After typing in the destination, he asked us if it was the right address. How the heck are we supposed to know? We also had a hard time communicating with our driver due to an obvious language barrier. Eventually we got down to the Lincoln Memorial and left our driver with the expectation that when we were ready we could call the transportation desk and get another driver. We ended up at the Holocaust Museum and called to ask for a driver to pick us up there. Forty minutes later, we received a call from our driver asking for directions to our location. Once again, we are not from the area, so how would we know how to give directions? My colleague also had another language barrier with this new driver. After a second call and ten minutes later with still no car, I called the dispatch and asked for another driver. It amazes me that they do not use the technology at their disposal for the dispatch to send directions straight to the driver through his/her tablet. Once our driver arrived, we held on for dear life as he drove us back to the hotel. We will NEVER use this transportation service again and would much rather use a taxi which are plentiful and readily at your disposal.

However, the hotel has been wonderful. Every time I have had an issue, it is immediately resolved with very pleasant hotel staff. I really appreciate the free bottled water available daily in your room. The Cocoa Bean is amazing and has almost every Starbucks drink you may desire. The conference spaces have also been great!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I was here for an education seminar the week between Christmas and New Years. It was like living in a theme park - too busy, too many people, too many kids. It is isolated with few options in restaurants. Obviously it is a destination for some, but I would avoid in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms on the atrium have a view of the spectacular which is fun once or twice but can be noisy and distracting
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 1, 2014

At least, at this Gaylord, you are not a prisoner, you have alternatives for food so you can escape Gaylord's overpriced stuff. Also, this one is not as spread, more compact. Recreating an outdoors village indoors continues silly of course. But then I would never choose to go to one of these if not for an event that happens to take pace there.

Rooms are OK of course, which for the price they should. As already mentioned, there are some traces of civilization around, you can go for a walk and the winter view of the river is nice.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This property has great guest rooms with nice TVs, large showers and comfortable beds. They were great in honoring my request for a feather-free room. The atrium lobby is beautiful and half the elevators are glass with a view of the atrium. The meeting space is plentiful and nice, high ceilings without low hanging chandeliers. The hotel is also located walking distance to many restaurants and shops. I'd love to work here again.

4  Thank carljw116
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed a week for a conference for my husband.
The hotel is layed out in horseshoe shape where the ceiling is as high as the highest floor.
We had an exceptional room as if faced out looking towards the Potomac, room 15215.
There is a bottom floor that has plants, and flowers and is quite nice to look at along with dancing waters, that seems to come on in the evening.
It came on the first night we were there and were not sure at first what it was.
The shape and and height makes the sound exaggerated.
It is fun to watch the water and listen to the music, but is quite loud and after one time, was a little annoying.
But all and all was a good trip.
The bar closes at 8p, but the sports bar is open after that.
We really didn't eat in the hotel, there were other choices just a block away.
We did have coffee most days though.
There is a single cup coffee maker in the room I learned that if I doubled the amount of coffee, wasn't too bad.
I swam in the pool one day , had it to myself for the most part, is large enough to be an Olympic sized pool, I loved it.

3  Thank Charesef