All reviews directly across the street full kitchen parking garage attending a conference convention center free breakfast room key one bedroom suite within walking distance front desk staff per day mgm casino small kitchen restaurants and shops an upgrade ferris wheel the sofa bed
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I stayed here for a week to attend a convention at the Gaylord right across the street, and was thankful I did! This hotel offers a free and very good hot breakfast with a great selection of breakfast items and fresh fruit.
Excellent room with a kitchenette, including full sized refrigerator/freezer, cook stove, dishwasher, microwave, and coffee maker. The king size and very comfortable bed is slightly separated from the main living area, allowing someone to rest while another is working at the desk around the corner.
There are several good restaurants and bars within easy walking distance from the hotel. I recommend the Potomac Gourmet Market for basic groceries, a fantastic beer/wine selection, and absolutely delicious luncheon sandwiches at reasonable prices. Hard to beat the Irish Whisper Pub with its 1/2 price happy hour on all drinks and pub foods from 3-7 pm Monday thru Friday, their warm pastrami reuben is fantastic!
The hotel also provides a large gas grill for free use by guests. My next stay will definitely include a bbq!
Lastly, my highest compliments go out to the entire staff. Their helpfulness, friendliness, and dedication to make every guest's stay as nice as possible was overwhelming. A special kudo to Steven for going above and beyond in providing helpful tips regarding places to see and things to do in the area.
Many thanks to The Residence Inn, National Harbor, MD!

Room Tip: If the view is important to you, choose a room facing the harbor. The rooms on the back side face a parking garage across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank shooterjim
RINationalHarbor, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn by Marriott National Harbor Washington, DC Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Hello!

My name is Jake the Property Coordinator here at the Residence Inn National Harbor. I just wanted to reach out to and say that we value your feedback and we love hearing about great stays at our property. We want to thank you from all of us here at the Residence Inn and we hope to have you staying with us soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I stayed here overnight and was very impressed. The staff was professional and friendly, and willing to help. I really like what Marriott did here - they just remade the Residence Inn brand. This design is way more modern, way more open and way more welcoming than any Residence Inn I have stayed in. My suite layout had similar amenities like other Residence Inns, but the way the suite was redesigned made it more user friendly. The eating area seemed larger than it looked just from good design. No boring eating furniture which all look similar - this eating area has lots of variety, including some small/medium size partially enclosed eating areas for privacy or whatever. That is very thoughtful. There's also plenty of outdoor eating for good weather days. I can go on and on. The 5-Stars is not because this is the best place in town. It is because of the combination of the professional staff, the direction of the design and the absolutely near perfect location. Parking is managed by a different company, but it is available and not expensive at all, for that area. Plenty of dining is available well within walking, shopping and the brand new MGM casino are within 5 minutes driving. Old Town Alexandria is 15 minutes away and DC probably 1/2 hr away. What's there not to like about this brand new location?

Now, here's what I did not like: The breakfast is still vintage Residence Inn - extremely unexciting for me. But you don't have to use it - the National Harbor is probably 3-4 football fields and has so many good restaurants within walking distance. Then there's the mandatory requirement to use room key to activate elevator to get to your room - only going up. I believe this is done for security reasons, but I felt like Marriott was checking me every time I got onto the elevator. Why? Are they checking if I got into the elevator but never got to my room? It took me and another lady to figure out why the elevator wouldn't go UP after it started going up and stopped on a floor - we couldn't figure it out, not from the instructions on the display panel. A hotel employee who just happened to hop in helped us. For example, you get in going to Level 5 and a customer had already activated Level 2. The elevator stops at Level 2. You have to get back to the ground floor, activate with key card, press Level 5 to get to your room. That's absurd. Frustrating. I probably should have taken the steps - metal detectors, maybe or armed guards?

Gym is available - did not check out so can't comment on what hardware is available.

And there's a ton of Police and private security presence, clearly visible.

Did not take many photos - I wish I did. I definitely do recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: High Floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
2  Thank Darkfelloww
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We recently stayed at this Residence Inn for the 2nd time, both times because our home was unavailable (lost AC one time, moving, no furniture the other).
Very good beds. Helpful people manning front desk (very nice when you are exhausted from loading a moving van). Great place to crash / rest / recuperate with a bottle of wine (they supply the stemware) and a fridge (to cool the cheeses and wine).
Shuttle to the MGM casino, if that's your thing. A VERY slight negative is that the parking garage is across the street -- unload luggage from car, THEN go park. Oh, and it is FREE parking (a HUGE gripe of mine in some hotels).

Room Tip: All seem to be good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank paladin_TheElder
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Great location, within walking distance of Harbor and great restaurants. Room was nice and free breakfast was very good. Only drawback was parking, was across the street in a garage which you had to pay extra.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

I am a Marriott member and my reservation was totally wrong. Stated room upgrade but I didn't feel upgraded. Staff was less than welcoming or accommodating when I inquired about my room status. I know this is a busy area but expected better service and time response to concerns. Complimentary breakfast was good and over night parking expensive.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
RINationalHarbor, Property Coordinator at Residence Inn by Marriott National Harbor Washington, DC Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Hello Melissa!

I just wanted to apologize for your recent stay here with us. We value your feedback and have shared it with the appropriate team to make sure that this was an isolated incident. Please, if you decide to come back, ask for me so I can personally make sure that we make your next stay memorable. Thank you for your time and we look forward to seeing you in the future!