The Westin Washington National Harbor
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$389
  • Breakfast included
$289
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
Harborside Hotel(Oxon Hill)(Great Value!)
$249
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
$368
$319
All reviewsferris wheelsauciety restaurantdc areawaterfront roomwater viewold town alexandriavalet parkinglobby barstores and restaurantsself parkthe gaylord convention centerfront desk staffcapital wheelnice staywater taximini fridgefitness center
Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel is a standard Westin for the most part. However, if you opt for the Harbor View room you will have some of the best views of the Potomac in the Washington, DC area. We had a king harbor view. The room was clean, large shower, and nice separate water closet (toilet) separated by a sliding door from the main bathroom.The overall room was on the small side though. Only surprising disappointment was the bed. Westin's heavenly bed somehow was really uncomfortable. It is usually the brands strong point. Not sure what happened. The King bed was as wide as a King but felt clipped/short in length to fit the small room. And the bedding felt weird, like it wasn't properly sheeted. Slept okay but not the great restful sleep we usually get at a Westin. Not a big deal though as it still was a decent nights sleep. The pool is more like a lap pool but the whirlpool was first rate. And we had the run of the place to ourselves for most of the weekend. The restaurant was very good, better than we expected. Service was excellent but the place was empty because of the frigid weather. Had drinks and appetizers at the bar and that was great, service was friendly. The views of the Potomac from the restaurant are outstanding. Ask for a booth along the windows if you can. Good stay in all.

Room Tip: Get the Harbor View Room if you can. Some of the best views in DC area.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
WestinHarbor, Director of Sales at The Westin Washington National Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you considered your stay a success and will present your findings to the appropriate department for review. We do hope to serve you again in the near future when you return to the National Harbor.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on February 9, 2013. The hotel was fantastic. They gave us a 2pm check out at checkin which was great. The service was wonderful and well as the view. The bathroom was beautiful and the atmosphere was great. It made a Valentine's weekend even more special.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that you had such a stellar experience at our hotel. All too often people use a review simply to vwent or criticize, not to heap praise. We shall be sure to share your feedback with the staff, all of whom work hard to ensure all guests a memorable stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I admit that the structure of this hotel is good; the rooms are nice and well meubléd but after my trip I discovered an unauthorized charge on my credit card for 90$ for parking services never used by me.

I wrote two emails to hotel without receiving any reply from them; at the end I was forced to turn to the police and to my bank to be refunded.(and only in this way I discover the reason of the charge of 90$: leaving the Hotel I did not receive any bill as the room was prepaid).

Finally I receive back my money but not from the hotel but from the Company which manage the Credit Card.

My disappointment is due to the fact I never received any response from the hotel to my requests.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Vincenzo D

Thank you for your e-mail. We are perplexed, as we have no indication of contact with a situation such as you describe. The fact that you had a pre-paid reservation, through another party, and the refund came from your credit card company, not the hotel, leads me to believe you were a victim of identity theft in some business, not necessarily associated with the hotel. We are sorry for your experience, but do hope you will visit National Harbor again, as the police and your credit card company were able to ascertain the source of your issue and bring it to resolution.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had very nice, clean, comfortable rooms. There was an absolute, beautiful view of the Potomac River from my room. The bar was very nice, served food late and the bartender was gracious and courteous. Stores and restaurants are conveniently close by. The hotel staff had superior customer service and went out there way to make my stay a pleasurable stay. I would definitely stay there again and recommend anyone else to stay there as way.

Room Tip: The Hotel has valet, so that may be a best bet than parking in the garage yourself.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank luv2travel_dcny

We are happy to have recieved your review. Positive reinforcement of the staff who work hard to ensure guest satisfaction is paramount in continuing to run a successful operation. We do hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

I just stayed at this hotel last week and had a very positive experience.
I was attending a conference at the Gaylord Convention Center, but due to past experience, didn't want to stay there again (beds not comfortable and the place is just too massive for my liking).
I instead opted to stay at the Westin and walk 2 mins to Gaylord each morning. It is rot next door....

I ended up with the perfect room overlooking the water, and some great perks. When I stayed at the Gaylord last, I ended up with a room across from the ice machines with a view of a brick wall and paid more than the Westin! here is why I preferred the Westin, just to name a few thing....
-smaller hotel, feels more homey. Gaylord feels like a corporate amusement park.
-room amazingly clean and entire hotel has that fantastic scent
-amazing Heavenly beds... Gaylord beds don't even come close.. Trust me
-free shuttle to/from various locations in DC. if u stay at Gaylord you have to pay 20 bucks for that
-room amenities were nice (Starbucks coffee in room and white tea toiletries)
-closer to shopping/restaurants
-for every day you opt to not get your room cleaned you can get a $5 food credit or some bonus SPF points. loved that... And yes you can still visit housekeeping cart to request supplies or change towels
-really cool discount offers if you sign up for their preferred guest card. I signed up, and received free Internet in my room, plus $20 food credit per day. I ended up having free room service every day. You have to book it that way though... Search the special offers at that particular hotel and book that offer online. Doing a little digging may leave you a little more than you were expecting (credit could be used at bar, restaurant or room service btw)

Hope this helps someone else in their decision making process!

Room Tip: if you want a room with a bathtub, you need to request it at check in, or in your notes when booking online. Otherwise you may get a room with a shower only.. But if you like showers, it is awesome. Glass enclosed double shower with 2 nozzles. Very nice...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We are always gratified to learn that the efforts of the staff do not go unnoticed. Please visit us again when you return to National Harbor, we look forward to hosting you.