Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area
Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$389
Gaylord Hotels
$249
AC Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin Washington National Harbor(National Harbor)(Great Value!)
$369
Westin.com
$289
Orbitz.com
  • Breakfast included
Harborside Hotel(Oxon Hill)(Great Value!)
$249
$329
Orbitz.com
TripAdvisor
1,115 results
All reviewsthe gaylord convention centerdirectly across the streetparking garagerestaurants and shopsfree breakfastfront desk staffoxon hilleach morningbusiness tripa great place to stayhot breakfastwould highly recommend this hotelwould definitely stay here againconvenient locationyogurtindoor poolconference
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The overall stay was ok but there were two things that could have made it perfect. First, when checking in we were given a room that was occupied, so we had to go back down stairs and wait 5 min for the front desk clerk to assign us an UNOCCUPIED room. Secondly, late at night, the AC system made a loud noise that made it almost impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonNatlHarborGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback regarding your most recent stay. After reviewing your comments, I wanted to personally apologize to you for us not providing you with a great stay experience as that is certainly our goal. I will be sharing your comments with our entire team in an effort to improve the overall stay experience for all of our guests. We certainly hope you will give us the opportunity to earn back your trust and faith in our property during a future stay with us. As always, if there is any additional assistance I can provide to you either now or in the future, I am at your service!

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have been to several Hampton Inn hotels throughout the country over the years, and this is one of the nicer ones. From well designed rooms, uber-friendly staff (and Managers!), proximity to restaurants, and interesting location at National Harbor, these are a few of the pros of staying here. I did not stay here during the height of the tourist season; room prices, crowds and traffic are likely greater then. However, in the "offseason" I enjoyed staying here. Self-parking in the parking garage located behind the hotel involves a short walk outside back to the hotel. Your room key serves as the key card for leaving/re-entering the garage. After checkout as you prepare to leave with your car do not pay at any of the kiosks in the garage; just use your card when exiting at the gate. You are charged on your hotel bill. Overall, a very nice property in a good location near I-95 and close to many shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to welcome you to National Harbor and provide you with the warm and friendly service Hampton is known for! We call it Hamptonality! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy some of the great amenities National Harbor has to offer. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel at some point in the future!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I travel a lot for business and I always count on Hampton Inns for quality facilities with top notch service and a great morning breakfast to get me started. This one is close to several restuarants and the highway so it was very convenient

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your loyalty to Hampton! It is always our goal to provide our guests with clean, spacious accommodations, warm and friendly service, and exceptional value guests have counted on Hampton to deliver. We certainly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future!

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My stay was excellent This is the second year in a row I have stayed at this hotel. The staff have always bent over backwards to accommodate us. This is a great hotel. The King suites are very nice and roomy!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Teresa A,

On behalf of the entire team, thank you for choosing to stay with us again! I am glad our staff was able to exceed your expectations and you had the opportunity to enjoy our spacious studio suites. We look forward to welcoming you back again at some point in the future! As always, if there is any additional assistance we can provide, we are at your service!

Reviewed February 7, 2014

We booked our room through a different site other than the Hampton Inn site. We were only given the option for a standard room. We selected it and entered 3 adults. After checking in we get to our room to find one bed. No problem right we'll just call down and get switched to a 2 bed room or they will surely bring us a cot. NOPE, none of the above. We were told we must have overlooked something when we booked. Also, was offered no discount at all. Conveniently the manager has left already. So tonight one of us will be sleeping on the floor after spending a couple hundred dollars to stay here. I have always stayed at IHG hotels and now I know why, never had these problems at a Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Be sure to call and verify what they are going to give you before you arrive.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
HamptonNatlHarborGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

On behalf of the entire team, please accept my thanks for providing some feedback regarding your most recent stay at our property. After reviewing your comments, I felt compelled to personally apologize for us not providing you with a great stay experience. When a guest chooses to book with our direct website, guests are guaranteed a specific room type. Unfortunately, some of the third party booking channels, while sometimes offering additional savings, can lock you into a non-refundable rate, or in some cases simply guarantee a room, not a room type. This may have contributed to the initial problem you experienced. However, the response you indicated that was received by our team, I find completely unacceptable as it is always our goal to be warm, friendly, and do everything within our power to take care of our guests' needs. I would like to discuss this matter in detail with you so we can fully understand what occurred and make every possible effort to make this situation right, not only for you, but to also ensure proper steps are taken so no guest experienced what you described. I have enclosed my contact information below and look forward to resolving this issue to your satisfaction. Again, on behalf of the entire team, thank you for providing honest and candid feedback as it can only help us improve the overall stay experience for our valued guests.

chris.guerrero@hilton.com