We came to Neptune Pwani following a 4 night safari for a weeks relaxation on our honeymoon.
This is not the boutique hotel that we were originally looking for and it did take a while to adjust when we arrived at large scale resort that provides for the masses. I really wanted to love this place however it just wasn't quite there
The clientele consisted mainly of families with a few couples, if you are a family then this is a good hotel however, I wouldn't recommend it as part of a honeymoon package.
The activities in the day (water polo / volleyball etc) are all geared toward kids rather than adults. There were board games etc however you had to pay to hire.
The entertainment at night varied hugely from very poor to very entertaining, just pot luck on what was on when.
The rooms were comfortable, spacious and clean (we had a sea view room)
The food was to a good standard with a lot of choice at lunch / dinner. However the snack offer outside of key meal times was very limited (only sandwiches and pastries - nothing refreshing like ice cream / fruit)
We did not eat at the a la carte restaurant, it was $100 per couple which I think out most people off as it was always empty despite the nice setting / decor. I wouldn't been nice if one meal here was included as part of the honeymoon package.
The resort is very clean and the pools and the setting on the beach is nice however the public beach directly in front of the hotel is a little intimidating with all the beach boys. I didn't feel comfortable walking along it on my own, however the hotel does have security guards to they are doing what they can to control it and make guests feel more at ease.
I would've expected more from the staff - we found the reception staff and the zan travel rep rude and extremely unhelpful, however most of the other staff in the restaurant, bars and water sports office were professional and pleasant.
Wifi is not included and costs $20 for the week - something that would've expected to be inclusive confiding how much the hotel charges to stay all inclusive.
Overall it was... Ok. It depends what you are after... A family resort where the kids are entertained = perfect! A honeymoon destination where the personal touches make your holiday extra special = no so much. I think the term 'average' sums it up
We booked through Imagine Africa who we would definitely use again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Friendly and spacious, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa is an ideal choice for guests in search of a retreat that offers the "special touch", matched with attention to the finest of details. The Resort has been meticulously created, emulating traditional Zanzibar style, using the best in local design, interiors and furnishing, meeting top international standards. The Resort features 150 rooms all with terrace and ocean view, situated in 2 level blocks and 4 individual beachfront suites with in-room Jacuzzi. Facilities include 3 restaurants, 2 bars, the Rain & Earth Spa, the Spherique Boutique, conference room and facilities and a water sports centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Cancelon so you can book your Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Pwani Mchangani
- Neptune Pwani Beach Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Hotel Kiwengwa
- Neptune Pwani Beach Resort & Spa Zanzibar Island/Pwani Mchangani